“Overall fair experience”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 16 February 2019

All in all fair experience except their horrible android application. I had to do on premises check-in which was OK. American/Canadian airlines should learn a great deal from European airlines which are serving good meals and alcoholic beverages INCLUDED in the price, plus 1 bag for free. But no surprise there, I was expecting the big money making machine to take their pitch at my pockets. In conclusion, once again, North American airlines are at least 10 years behind European airlines. Oh, well...

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (39,173)

Reviewed 16 February 2019

We have global entry and it made a pretty easy return trip home even easier. We were through baggage check in and customs in 15 minutes and enjoying a drink (345pm flight). Our flight was on time and we landed with our luggage without any problems

Reviewed 16 February 2019

Our flight was delayed in Akron-Canton by over an hour because we were overweight by 200lbs. Had to wait for them to 'burn off' 200lbs of fuel before take off. As a result, we missed our connection in Houston. Their ONLY offer was to send us to Bogota, Columbia - arriving at 11pm and flying out the next morning to our final destination - Aruba. No overnight accommodations or compensation. I refused to stay in Bogota overnight in an airport and know NO Spanish! (and we are in our 60's) We lost a full day at our resort. We ended up having to Uber to the other Houston airport, pay for overnight hotel in Houston, and purchasing our own flights from Southwest Airlines for the next day. They did finally, after we returned home and filed a refund request online, refund part of our airfare.
Have had a problem EVERY time I have flown United Airlines (4 trips over several years). Will not use them again.

Reviewed 16 February 2019

we flew united from Sydney to san Francisco and the service was terrible, unfriendly staff who had no time for you. but the worst was coming back home from los angeles to Sydney I was travelling with my husband and my 14 year old daughter . when we boarded our flight from dallas to LAX I was informed that none of us were sitting together,for the next leg of our flight, in fact each one of us was in entirely different rows. I can not understand why they thought it was ok to put my 14 year old sitting with strangers for 15 hours.Try telling your child you have to sit with a stranger for 15 hours. United this is not acceptable at all. we booked our seats in advance plus the tickets were bought together at the same time so you had no right to separate us. my husband ended up two rows behind us. wrong. I will never ever fly with you again. and your staff are terrible. they are so unfriendly. they should all fly with emirates, etihad and Qatar, and Singapore and learn how passengers are treated by the stewards, they are second to none.your bad reputation lives up to its name.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

We flew on a direct flight from LAX to SAT and though the plane was kind of small, service was very good and staff were very nice. Surprisingly, United ground staff at LAX has become a lot better over the past couple years. I used to fly United out of LAX frequently a few years ago and it was just awful, but they have improved a lot.

However, they need more and better ground staff (especially at check-in and the baggage drop off) in San Antonio. We had to wait around 10 minutes for someone to come and check out IDs and give us the bag tags for our checked bag and kids car seat.

Date of travel: January 2019