“Late arrival of flight and late start of origin”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 26 May 2024

Travelled from Houston to Frankfurt - started almost 45 minutes late. Not even sensitive about the connecting flights people will have.. i got delayed to my flight Lufthansa [Hyderabad - India], due to this delay they could not give boarding pass at the counter. Another game airlines are playing is that they are not providing boarding pass for all connected travel.. they say you can get at the next airport, after reaching there another sharing airlines say that - flight is full and hence can not allow you to travel....this is very sad they should change.... to provide to boarding passes to all connected travel..

Reviewed 26 May 2024

I will never use United Airlines again if I can help it. This flight was for my brother who traveled from Fort Wayne, IN to Knoxville, TN. He ended up being stuck in FWA for nearly 11 hours because of continuous delays, and was offered little to know explanation for the reason it kept being delayed. He was eventually told it was due to "mechanical issues" but was told nothing further as for a real timeline, thus causing him to miss a possible re-booking on a new flight. He was given ONE $15 meal voucher for his time in the airport.

When he eventually did get to fly to his layover in Chicago (ORD) he missed his new flight (which had been transferred to American Airlines) and was unable to fly in to Knoxville that night, due to arriving 10 MINUTES before that flight took off. He was then pointed to the United help desk which ended up being virtual. I had to then call the United help center and spoke to a woman who was very difficult to speak with. She would cut me off, said she could not hear me (even though I had full signal), and would leave long pauses in between my explanation of things, only to ask for me to say it all again. I had to repeat myself multiple times and after everything, she said it was not their responsibility to put him up in a a hotel room as the issues were "outside of their control". I began to try and tell her how ridiculous this was and after another long pause she hung up on me.

I ended up putting him in a hotel room myself (an almost $500 cost), and to top it all off, his 7:30 am flight got delayed multiple times and he ended up not leaving until almost 2:30pm.

The customer service was terrible, there was no compensation, and overall United Airlines was a terrible experience for both my little brother and I. They offered no help and I will never recommend them to anyone who is looking for a half-way decent flying experience.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Nole B
Reviewed 26 May 2024

terrible flight got delayed 6 times before i got to get on makes no sense (waiting on crew) what is the crew doing wasted hours of my time for an hour worth of flight time there is no reason on why they should be waiting on the crew they should be ready when they give us the boarding time idk how and why this is any reason to delay a flight

1  Thank Bailout D
Reviewed 26 May 2024

Poor website with no guarantee for client. Even afer booking and receiving Booking code and seat confirmation they cancel the ticket.

Reviewed 26 May 2024

Terrible service, less legroom, less isle space, smaller bathrooms, bad bad experience, will never fly with this airline again

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.