“Worst trip ever”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 27 May 2024

I flew to Ohio for my son's graduation. On the return flight we were delayed for at least 30 minutes. I was going to have 15 to 20 minutes to make my connection in Denver. Needless to say I didn't make it. I got to the gate 2 minutes after 11a and they told me sorry the plane left. it was still sitting there and then she said she was not informed they had late passengers. I don't understand how this airline can do this sort of thing and it's ok. I should be compensated for my lost time. Also I have to get back to work. This clearly was not my fault and the airline should be accountable for this behavior.

United airlines leaving IAH
Houston Texas is trash there ticket agents are the worst and racist as hell I couldn't get any help from the ticket agents at the gate. I had a question about my seating on my boarding pass she told me she couldn't help cause she wasn't logged in then proceeded to help the man behind me. Then she gave me horrible seating on purpose middle seat way in the back. I will never fly with this airline again

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 27 May 2024

DO NOT EVER FLY UNITED! We booked our flight to catch a cruise thru Flights by Celebrity. The cruise line guaranteed us we would get on our ship. United canceled our connecting flight from Washington, DC to Vancouver because the crew timed out. The only reason I KNEW was Celebrity called me and told me. The app and website for United still said connecting flight was on time! If I would have gotten on my flight from Knoxville to Washington, I would have been stranded. No one at the counter would help me. They just kept saying I would have to call the 1-800 number. If you call that, you will be on hold for hours!! In the end, I missed my cruise because there were no flights and the ones Flights by Celebrity found was with United and they were delayed. NO Customer Service anymore!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2024

BEWARE THIS AIRLINE DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS CLASS CUSTOMERS This was the worst flying experience I have ever had! I booked business class directly through United airlines because I have a medical condition that requires I sit as close to the front of the plane as possible. My ticket one way was $3888. When I arrived at the airport, it seemed like there was some confusion they thought I was supposed to be there at 7am but I had my itinerary and it said 10:35am, the agent said everything was fine and said they couldn’t print my ticket until my next leg. When I got to the international airport they printed my ticket - I again was assured I was in business class, she even put a sticker on my boarding pass saying express lane. It was a 30 min walk through the airport, during the walk I realized I was in row 35 - which is clearly not business class ! The agents at the desk were extremely rude - I ended up in the last seat with 3 toilets behind me and the seat did not recline. I have been home sick for 7 days trying to recover from the flight unable to leave my bed. To add insult to injury to girl next to me said her ticket was $800, United refuses to refund my money or even let me speak anyone in their customer care department- and they had the nerve to give me 12500 points which is equivalent to $130 dollars. BEWARE THIS AIRLINE DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS CLASS CUSTOMERS

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 26 May 2024

Travelled from Houston to Frankfurt - started almost 45 minutes late. Not even sensitive about the connecting flights people will have.. i got delayed to my flight Lufthansa [Hyderabad - India], due to this delay they could not give boarding pass at the counter. Another game airlines are playing is that they are not providing boarding pass for all connected travel.. they say you can get at the next airport, after reaching there another sharing airlines say that - flight is full and hence can not allow you to travel....this is very sad they should change.... to provide to boarding passes to all connected travel..

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.