“Bad flights on United”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 28 May 2024

This was one of the worst flying experiences I have ever had. Despite checking in exactly 24 hours in advance, we were assigned seats in the last row of the plane for both flights. In the six rows ahead of us were children or lap babies. Of course during a 4 hour flight there was crying and wailing, as one would expect. The lines for the bathroom were tremendous. We booked basic economy so were could only bring a personal item on board to fit under a seat. The outer wall of the plane curves in the last row and you could not fit even a small item under the window seat. There was no food left for those of us in the last row, even though I asked the attendant early, since the galley was directly behind us. My 86 year old mother was traveling with us and she was unable to get a boarding pass online for either flight. We had to see the ticket agent. On the return flight, even he could not give her a seat, we had to wait in line again at the gate to get a seat. Overall an uncomfortable flight. I avoid the discount airlines, but given the awful experience I had on United, I can see they are not different. We are members of United's frequent flier program, though we do not fly with them often as they do not have many nonstop routes out of Baltimore. Though I cannot believe we are the only passengers on these flights to fly infrequently on United to warrant such bad service.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 28 May 2024

It’s funny they call themselves “United Cares”, when all they care is taking your money and laughing in your face whenever you have a problem. Flight are constantly delayed. I have a 90 min flight that they delayed for 14 hours due to overworking a crew! The whole overall experience I have endured through United has been utter garbage! You’re better off flying Frontier or Spirit.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 28 May 2024

Bought these through Costco travel to Cancun package. Should have researched United first. You are not saving a dime. Ended up with many hidden fees, a layover, connot pick your seats without paying extra, kids sitting separately with strangers, only a backpack size is allowed on with you, pay extra for carry on luggage. ......and more. Costing more. How can they get away with this. Don't use United.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

Not expecting anything to come from this- simply posting as an 'I told you so' and to make myself feel better.

I got a new sampsonite bag. This was maybe my 5th trip with the bag. Following the trip, my bag was looking very rough. Please see photo1. I took this to the desk and was basically laughed at and told this was nothing in regards to damage.

THE NEXT TRIP... my bag was being unloaded from the taxi at the airport (for our flight out) and the handle completely gave way. See photo2

Do we still think this is 'nothing' ???? Do better.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 27 May 2024

If I wanted to arrive at my destination a day late I could have hoped on a razor scooter, atleast then I could have practiced my bunniehops. Between 12 delays spanning over 7 hours (and most likely more) I have gain great appreciation for both airport bathrooms and the $15 voucher for my incovience. I now know what the wizard of oz felt being scared of rain seeing how any chance of it lead to another hour delay. They do have a vast selection of movies to watch which was nice, it was sad when during the 13th delay I finished watching every movie 2 times (once in English and once in Spanish, I was feeling alittle daring) the fact that I typed every word with my eyes closed till I finally got it the way I want shows how long the delays are. Good luck might have well flyed spirit

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.