“Inconsistency of service”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 3 October 2018

In general, a good airline. However a few points of inconsistency that need to be addressed:

1) Check-in: We could not get upgraded at check-in counter in Noi Bai airport (VN) because we were told "the reservation system is not equipped to do so at the counter"! This was surprising because the same airline was able to offer this service to us at the check-in counter at Da Nang airport (also in VN) a week earlier!!! Why the inconsistency?
In any case, the flight was half empty so we were able to sit where we wanted and saved our money!!

2) Security measures: We had been flying internally with VN airlines during our trip from one city to another and never had any hassles with our electronic devices (laptop, tablets, cameras) which we always placed in our checked luggage. Helas, it was not true at Noi Bai! They marched me back into the X-ray area once we had cleared security so that I had to rummage through my checked suitcases and took all these devices out and carry them as hand luggage. The explanation was that "it was not safe to leave them inside the suitcases in the hold". The airline staff in all our other internal flights never requested us to do that! I then had to queue again for another 15 minutes to clear security even though these devices had already been cleared at the X-ray chamber just now! Suffice to say I was very happy and grateful for the experience, all the more at a capital city airport!

3) In-flight service: Stewardesses looked like they had a bad day. Wish they had smiled a little more.

Taking into account the other internal flights with VN airlines during our trip, I think this was just a glitch. However, what was that saying "One scabby sheep is enough to spoil the whole flock”?

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,595)

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Before taking the flight, i reviewed a lot flight report online. When I actually took the flight, I was really taken good care by the airline which I did not expect. The domestic lounge is nice in its food and environment. Sequence of boarding was arranged nicely.
However, there are still space of improvement. Cabin crew's English proficiency has to be improved further though it is a domestic flight, but Da Nang is a quite well-known tourism city in Vietnam. I was told by friends that Vietnam airlines official website payment process was not working in the country of China which is such a pity. Some of my friends had no choice but divert to OTA to buy the tickets.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The flight was only 1hour 40 minutes,
But there was still a full drink and dinner service, food was good was a choose out of fish and rice or chicken noodle, I have never known a full dinner service that did not cost extra on such a short flight before, also the baggage allowance was 30kg which I thought was great, my flight with ethiad mid September to Bangkok from the uk was only 23kg, the staff were also great
Will fly with these again

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank Garry P
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great airline. Food was excellent and customer service was great. The plane it self was reasonably modern with all the mod cons one would expect from today’s airlines.v

1  Thank FrankandLorraine
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Headrests with resting wings.
Gift packs with slippers etc
In chair entertainment systems.
Hot and cold towels to refresh you.
Food was good.
They dimmed the lights after cleaning up was done; that was good.
The toilet was clean.
One issue was the chairs are close. Thankfully, we were assigned a row where there was a spare seat, so we could stretch out and sleep.

I forgot to say service is polite.

I would fly with them again, but I would choose a carrier with more seat space first.

1  Thank everyday-travels