“Angels in the Air”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 4 October 2018

From the minute we were on the plane until our arrival I felt safe, the crew were courteous and attentive, the plane very clean, food enough to keep me satisfied. Luggage promptly arrived to be picked up on arrival. Boarding our plane from Ho Chi Min City was amazing, crew managed to seat everyone swiftly, no line ups on the aircraft and I must also add the Staff at the desk for our seat allocationwhen we arrived at the airport were very friendly.

1  Thank fowlerkerrie
Write a ReviewReviews (5,202)

Reviewed 4 October 2018

2 weeks before travel Vietnam Airlines rescheduled the flight I had booked. They rescheduled it to 1 day earlier. No information was provided on how I could cancel these tickets or get a refund.

2  Thank Hrududu
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I recently flew with Vietnam Airlines A350 and had awesome flights both ways. My first flight to Ho Chi Min City I upgraded to Premium Economy and that was well worth it. Extra leg room and width in the seats. Nice big screen and extra touch from the air hostesses.
On the way back I flew in economy and had a window seat 21 K and it was comfortable, good leg room, great food and I had a great sleep home which is unusual because I am always not happy having to return home from any trip!!
The service at all airports with Vietnam Airlines was efficient & organised.
I will definetly fly with Vietnam Airlines again.
Cheers

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Wayne F
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Another great flight on Vietnam Airlines. We were advised the flight would leave 20 minutes late by text. We still were cleared on arrival at Danang Airport at about the time our friends estimated that we would collect our luggage on the original time.
The staff act professionally, it’s a pleasure to fly.

1  Thank cmbreuer2016
Reviewed 3 October 2018

In general, a good airline. However a few points of inconsistency that need to be addressed:

1) Check-in: We could not get upgraded at check-in counter in Noi Bai airport (VN) because we were told "the reservation system is not equipped to do so at the counter"! This was surprising because the same airline was able to offer this service to us at the check-in counter at Da Nang airport (also in VN) a week earlier!!! Why the inconsistency?
In any case, the flight was half empty so we were able to sit where we wanted and saved our money!!

2) Security measures: We had been flying internally with VN airlines during our trip from one city to another and never had any hassles with our electronic devices (laptop, tablets, cameras) which we always placed in our checked luggage. Helas, it was not true at Noi Bai! They marched me back into the X-ray area once we had cleared security so that I had to rummage through my checked suitcases and took all these devices out and carry them as hand luggage. The explanation was that "it was not safe to leave them inside the suitcases in the hold". The airline staff in all our other internal flights never requested us to do that! I then had to queue again for another 15 minutes to clear security even though these devices had already been cleared at the X-ray chamber just now! Suffice to say I was very happy and grateful for the experience, all the more at a capital city airport!

3) In-flight service: Stewardesses looked like they had a bad day. Wish they had smiled a little more.

Taking into account the other internal flights with VN airlines during our trip, I think this was just a glitch. However, what was that saying "One scabby sheep is enough to spoil the whole flock”?

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)