“A disappointment re service in business class”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Disappointing re service on business class flights compared to other airlines. However they departed on time and arrived early going out and returning. Food on this flight, leaving at 0120 hrs local ,they offered us dinner.The business lounge prior to the flight, though rather spartan, had enough food to enable us to think of early breakfast rather than dinner !. A request to defer dinner was accepted and served 5 hours later after a sleep followed by breakfast 3 hours later.
The seats are the same set up as the 'dreamliner' on other airlines, but the greetings and service needs to sharpened and the english skills improved. (? course on Singapore Airlines required!?)
However this is being a bit picky but I hope it is helpful.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,598)

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We flew on Vietnamese airline from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi, then from Hanoi to Hoi An then from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh during our trip to Vietnam. The booking and check in went fine and planes were on time or max a few minutes delayed. The crew was friendly and professional. The planes were relatively clean (although on one flight my seat was not clean). We had to take the bus to board the planes as they were in the middle of nowhere on the airport and it was really hot.Overall for short flights across Vietnam I recommend taking them as this is one of the biggest airline in Vietnam.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Vietnam Airlines is a great choice of airline when flying between Australia and Vietnam, as they fly direct to both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
We traveled in Premium Economy on an overnight flight, and the seats were comfortable and the staff welcoming and attentive.
We received 2 meals on the 8 hour flight. Disappointingly, the breakfast wasn't very tasty and not well cooked, but it didn't ruin the flight for me. Because the seats were so comfortable, I slept for most of the flight, and didn't use the inflight entertainment.
I would travel Vietnam Airlines again, it was a pleasant flight.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank 109KarenD
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Because the short flight was international, we were fed a Vietnamese sandwich. Our flights were not fully booked, so we could spread out and enjoy lots of legroom. The service was friendly and efficient, and the price was good. I flew them domestic within Vietnam, and they were a pretty much on time. I'd fly this airline again, as prices are good. Planes were fine for short rides - 3 hours or less.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Do not book with this airline! We flew with them to Vietnam in September 2018. To say it was a 12 hour flight, we had one meal at the beginning of the flight and one an hour before we landed and nothing in between! People were having to go to the back of the plane to ask the steward's for something to eat. This was the same with the drinks, the service was terrible. I wanted my window blind up as it was early afternoon and I got asked to close it because people were trying to sleep - I laughed and said no way - it was the AFTERNOON!! I think the crew just want to get you fed, shut you up and then see you again an hour before landing - terrible service!

1  Thank Debbie G