“Great flight, staff and legroom”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Can't really fault the experience.

From the moment we entered the cabin until we left we were looked after extremely well. The service by the cabin crew was great and anything we asked for we got.

Having flown BA (also Premium Class) for the first time earlier this year this flight reminded me that Virgin Atlantic are the far better airline who take an interest in their passengers throughout.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,083)

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Having flown with virgin Atlantic previously I had very high expectations but I can only describe my last journey as unpleasant,unfriendly and unprofessional. The staff on the flight from Manchester to Orlando couldn't look like they hated their jobs and passengers anymore and we were pretty much ignored for our entire flight and the only conversation I saw took place was from off duty staff that sat next to the serving area and occupied the the airline staff for most of the journey also to point out to future family's is that you can not pool your luggage your children not matter their age are expected to have their own suit cases as they have a strict 23kg rule!We had 2 suitcases weighing in 51kg between 2 adults and 2 children and we asked to pay a fee for carrying to much which is madness as a family of 4 checked in before us with 92kg with 4 bags but that was fine,surely we are being more economical but apparently not! Having completed our holiday that I would like to point out we were charged a £1000 more for than any other Virgin customers I was hopeful the return journey would be better how wrong could I be! Firstly me and my partner were separated for our journey sitting in different rows which did not make any sense as there was rows of 4 seats with just one passenger! During the flight the plane suffered severe turbulence and during this a fight broke out a few rows behind resulting in my partners son breaking down in tears,as the seat belt sign was on my partner was unable to comfort his son who was quite clearly petrified and the staff didn't give a damn.During meal time I had requested for children's meals the air hostess initially brought one over and I politely reminded her I had ordered 2, the response I received was not great and her attitude was disgusting and i was basically told to jog on...15 minutes later I received the second children's meal! My partners plate was also cleared before he finished his last mouth full after being repeatedly asked are you finished which he clearly wasn't! During the flight I sat next to the serving area where the food is held and I heard several conversations of fellow passengers being slagged off by the air hostesses! I can not stress enough to future passengers not to sit in these seats as I was constantly bashed and disturbed by staff and me and my son were kept awake during the whole night flight..but it doesn't end there during a refill of juice and water the air hostess was so busy chatting to her colleague that she failed to notice she had spilt the water jug all down my right side..which resulted in me sitting in wet clothes for the remainder of the flight..did a receive a apology..nope fuming doesn't even cut it! Oh and just to finish I had to Order my duty free 3 times as it was clear a conversation about the weekend was more important than my custom!! In a whole I'm so bitterly disappointed with Virgin as from personal experience I know they can do better! As a customer I do not wish to return as I have been treated far better on a budget airline for the fraction of the cost!

1  Thank mattandhelen74
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Paid for 2 seats and at check-in found that the seats we had paid for had already been allocated to other passengers, had to wait till we had reached the departure gate to get it sorted, after much "discussion" with a member of the gate staff we were allocated alternative seats.
Not the best start to our holiday

2  Thank Midor
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I flew with virgin Atlantic to Jamaica for a holiday/ wedding. The service itself was good the flight attendants came around every 15 minutes or so offering drinks. The downside was the 30 minute delay because of a technical default with the lights. But they got us on the plane pretty quickly after that. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Britney M
Reviewed 20 October 2017

It's a long way and a long flight, but the service and food keeps you going and the comfort is reasonable, even in economy. It's my airline of choice whenever possible. Please do more routes!

1  Thank JMJ630