“Better than the last time :-)”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 9 December 2019

OK - this time it was much better than last time! The flight left and arrived on time and the cabin crew were brilliant! If I have one criticism it's the seat/bed (and before anyone berates me I know how lucky I am to be able to fly business class).

The seats are either a seat or a bed. So you either have a seat which reclines slightly, or a flat and very hard bed - no middle ground. My concern with this was that, as our flight was a VERY turbulent one and my seat had been converted to a flat bed (it reminded me of those toy cars that turn into a transformer character), had we had to sit up, with seat belts fastened, feet flat on the floor, etc, it would have needed the cabin crew to go round and convert all the beds back to seats.
Fortunately I just rolled from side to side on the flat very hard bed and tried to sleep through it with my seat belt on (I know its a hard life - please don't judge me - I'm just giving feedback).
Yes its worth the extra money to fly business class if you want to sleep/rest on your return home but in terms of overall comfy-ness/convenience the business class seats on this Virgin flight were not the best.
Everything else can't be faulted - check-in smooth, food great, on board entertainment good, cabin crew great, luggage arrived home when we did, etc :-)

Date of travel: December 2019
2  Thank DAJ162

Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

I recently flew to NYC with Virgin Atlantic with family and friends, the staff and cabin crew were so lovely, polite and accommodating. We had seats in economy class, but we had plenty of leg room and the food and drinks were lovely. Would definately fly again with virgin

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

We proceed to check in easily .Would have been difficult without help.Once relieved of our case's.Airport had plenty of food outlets
Once on board crew were pleasant and helpful Food was satisfactory a member of our party is gluten free and was treated with respect

Date of travel: October 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

Virgin has an amazing reputation and the LHR business lounge epitomizes it. The aircraft is a different story. The services and the meal were amazingly good. The seats are very narrow with almost no shoulder room. You need a adapter to connect your devices to power supply. The TV screen is quite small, but the dining table is of a wonderful size. The key is that the seating layout has everyone put their feet toward the aisle so it sorts of look like a display of all kinds of socks. You also smell the odor of your neighbor's feet if you are one of those unfortunate ones.

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank HenryNYC
Reviewed 9 December 2019 via mobile

The whole experience with virgin is excellent from the point of booking. They do everything possible to make your holiday the best it can be. The airport staff were very friendly and eager to help.

The flight itself was smooth and the staff constantly came up with complimentary snacks , food and drinks. We were given warm towels half way through the flight and offered a wide range of wines and other alcoholic drinks on the house. The food was great and the choice of beverages was great.

The seat in economy was fine and the choice of entertainment on your screen was more than enough. The seats are probably the best economy seats I’ve ever experienced. The added pillow and blanket with the seats helped also.

The only downside was the small amount of leg room , however this is expected with an economy class seat.

All in all very good experience with virgin Atlantic and we have already booked to go again.

Date of travel: November 2019
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.