“Premium Experience on a brand new plane”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Fantastic experience on a 21 day old plane - "Wendy Darling." The plane is very new that everything was extremely fresh and shiny - the entertainment screen was very responsive and a great size with lots of options for movies and tv. The meals we had were pre-ordered and were excellent - piping hot and fresh and a decent portion size. We also loved the pre departure welcome drink and the fact that we had priority baggage which meant we could check in earlier than economy class. The crew were excellent - friendly, professional and courteous. I also loved the fact that there was a tailcam on this aircraft which was great to watch during take off and landing. Ample room in the seat area and charging points for headphones and phones etc. I would defo recommend bringing your own noise cancelling headphones as the ones offered are not noise cancelling.

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Called the Customer Service desk today and the experience was absolutely amazing! There was no hold waiting time at all and I got through to the loveliest guy called Gareth who was incredibly friendly, answered all of my questions in depth and helped me set up my Flying Club with my flights even though there were issues on the site! Absolutely fantastic customer service going above and beyond! Thank you Gareth :)

Reviewed 10 April 2024

Booked online with Virgin, dlew out to orlando on Delta, they were great, good planes, good staff, food was good.

on way home direct with Virgin, the plane app said it was a new plane, it didnt feel like it. 7 in the party spread over different rows.

3 of us had faulty screens, staff were attentive to listen but never came back with any results.

2 of us had mic issues, staff said they would talk to the flight staff manager, they never came back.

ran out of hot chocolate halfway through pouring, said they will come back, never did.

plane felt a bit cheap and staff were nice,m but just didnt seem to care.

it was the complete opposite of what we expected a dickie branson experience to be to be honest,

very dissapointing.

on the plus, the food was good, Chicken masala and then breakfast muffin.

all in all, a very laclusture performance.

2  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed 9 April 2024

We flew premium economy ot and economy back. To us It was not worth £600 to fly back premium economy. The food in Virgin premium economy is the same as economy on Emirates flights. We managed to get bulkhead seats on the way back as I am waiting for a new hip. The seats were so hardmy bum was numb by the time we got home and the seat bulged out at the top so your shoulders didn't rest easily. I wonder if the people who make and decide on these things ever try them. We go on holiday a lot and have been to nearly every country in the world and this was one of the worst flights I have been on. We flew with them some years ago and was not impressed but my daughter booked these flights, I will not fly with them again. Richard Branson over promises and under delivers.

1  Thank Muchtravelled22
Reviewed 8 April 2024

A blessing for Yolanka, our Virgin Atlantic reservationist at BOM.
To accomodate my wife's bad back, we booked aisle seats but found at check in that we were randomly assigned seats ahead of a 10-hour flight. Ugh. We arrived anxiously at the terminal where Yolanka heard our story and reassigned us to bulkhead seats. That made for a comfortable flight for which we were deeply grateful. People like Yolanka made Virgin Atlantic a favorite of ours. Thanks !

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.