“Great experience.”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I always travel on VS flight 355 and 25 to get back home to the United States. My father flew from Mumbai to JFK and had amazing hospitality from the ground crew to the cabin attendants. He would like to fly with them again when he goes on vacation to India in November. By the way, now my mother India also wants to travel with VS Airways. Thank you, Virgin Atlantic, for making my parents' experience exceptional.

Anoushka P

Reviewed 18 April 2024

Really bad customer service, was given check in details and looked at thier website and used the Upper class drop off.
No mention of a £5 charge.
So same home to an £80 "fine" why would I not pay £5 on £5000 flights if it was needed
Contacted them and they could not care less. Turns out lots of upper class passengers have been hot with this.
They don't care.

Flight it self was definitely sub par and is really just a freebie upgrade service, most in the cabin were upgrades.
As such staff members were mostly hanging around and chatting to members of virgin staff in the cabin off on holiday rather than the ones, like myself, silly enough to pay for this "service"

Food was poor, service amateurish and "matey"

Dubai lounge was dire, depressing and food poor.

To come back and be hit with the fine and cold customer service was the icing on the cake

Some many better operators now.

I'm taking my travel spend there.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank themN2120JI
Reviewed 18 April 2024

I had opted for extra leg room seat by the emergency exit door in the middle
Row. Due to the toilet being put out of order on the one side everybody used it as a walkway crossing over to use the other toilet the whole flight. Including the staff on board. Which meant I could not get any sleep at all through the night as to make room for everyone else my long legs had to be tucked right in. I could not even put them out a little bit without people asking me to move them instead of stepping over. Made for a very dangerous drive home having not slept at all as when I did try I’d have people
Walk into my knees.

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 18 April 2024

Haven't flown Virgin for a few years as I am BA Gold. However, I used to love Virgin Atlantic but stopped flying with them as they don't have a good range of routes any more. Anyway, what has happened? The Air Crew were what you would expect on a low cost budget carrier, the food was terrible, it was all just a mess. I would never fly with them again. This flight really made me appreciate BA Business at least.

2  Thank J111MY
Reviewed 16 April 2024

The flight was launched on April 1st and I travelled on 4th April. We were on Economy Delight. All the middle seats were unoccupied but otherwise full. Staff were pleasant and attentive. Seats were marvellous. plenty of legspace ( we were in row 48) the back rows didn't have much. We were on the dreamliners, so the inclines were really good. The flight got frozen after 2 hours making it very uncomfortable ( so carry a thick hoodie) because the blankets are too short to cover you from head to toe. The in-flight entertainment is fabulous. The food, is shockingly bad. It's way worse than BA ( and BA is pretty bad). There was one meal and one snack on the 10 hour flight. The snack was over burnt pastry with some kind of spicey filling. The meal was tiny and inedlible. Barely any choices. My husband pre-selected vegetarian meal and yet it had run out. I can't eat Indian food because of the spices and they did not have any other choices so I did not eat the food at all, nor any alternatives were provided. Taste-wise , as I ate in one leg of the journey- was pretty bad. I would advise for long journeys carry your own food. Wine served was in cans- that was pretty strange to me. Unlike BA who claims they are following some regulations- we were not sprayed with disinfectant on the aircraft. This is only done in BA and now after VA, I think it's a racist move on part of BA.

1  Thank Curiosity40517794535
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.