“Horrible Flight. Horrible Airline!”
Review of Vueling Airlines

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This has to be the world's worst airline. We were lured by a non-stop flight to our destination and a relatively cheap price. We had flown Vueling before and had a bad experience, but thought we'd give it a second try. What a mistake. I must say this airline is very consistent -- that is, consistently bad! From the customer service experience to the inflight crew, each and every employee let's you know they could care less about their job and even less about you. They treat passengers like cattle and have a "so what?" attitude when it comes to any issues you may have. The lines are huge, so be prepared to wait. They tell you that check-in time is 2.5 hours in advance, but then change to only 2 hours at the airport, once you've waited in line. Best yet, the inflight staff takes excellent care of certain people -- each other! They pull the curtain and stay in the galley, chatting amongst themselves. The only time they emerge is to take food or drinks to the other flight attendants in the other galley.

This airline is horrible. Two times is enough. Never again!

1  Thank DiscoverGreatness
Write a ReviewReviews (14,483)

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Looking at the reviews I really did wonder if I had done the right thing by booking with this airline.
Everything fine at Cardiff airport which to be fair is pretty normal, friendly staff and no attitude!
The flight was absolutely fine and all the cabin crew likewise.
The return flight was delayed because of air traffic problems which required a new crew because they had insufficient flying time left, not the airlines fault.
Indeed my only complaint was the restricted legroom, not good if you have long legs!
The flight made good time on the journey back to Cardiff.

1  Thank Delboy289
Reviewed 13 August 2017

An absolutely terrible end to our otherwise perfect honeymoon.

We arrived at Florence airport 3 hours early due to a warning email from the airline that security checks would take longer, they didn't.

Strong winds at the airport meant that flights had to be redirected, but we weren't told this until after our due departure time, when we were loaded onto a bus for the hour journey to Bologna. There we had to go through security again, and were then abandoned for 5 hours without seeing a single Vueling employee and without being told what was going on. Finally at around 20:00 someone turned up and let us know we'd be boarding in about 15 minutes.

We eventually got back to Gatwick at gone 21:00 local, 6 hours after we were supposed to get back. Then to add insult to injury, by the time we'd gone through passport control and collected the car the M3 and A3 had closed for roadworks, leaving us struggling to find a route home.

While they have no control over the wind, the utter lack of communication and complete failure in customer service leave me with no other option that to recommend that everyone should avoid this airline. I'll be seeking compensation for the trouble they put us through.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

3rd time I have taken Vueling on my Europe holiday. Inconsistency in their aircraft and crew services. First trip was from Barcelona to Fez, which was great on flight VY7352 on 22 July. Second trip was from Barcelona to Bilbao on flight VY1428 on 11 Aug which was mediocre with a very old aircraft and not well maintained with dirty floor and back seat pockets ripped on one side. It felt unsafe to be on this aircraft.

However, the third trip from Bilbao to Barcelona on flight VY1431 was the worst I have ever experienced on my travel ever. The flight crew needs better training on customer service, especially the female crew who was was working on the tail end of this aircraft.

During the flight safety demonstration, I thought it would be a good idea to take a photo of the nice long aircraft with the stewardess's doing the routine flight safety demonstration with Vueling nice yellow uniform as a momento. Obviously I was wrong as the female crew (who was demonstrating at the tail end) stopped what she was doing and walked up towards me. She had a very angry look on her face, which really surprised me. She shouted at me in English that I had to delete the photo NOW! She almost grabbed my camera. I was astounded at her behaviour. For one, she should not have left her position and should complete her safety demonstration, which was her duty. She could then come and explain to me why I shouldn't take the photo and should politely asked me to delete the photo. However, this wasn't the case. She was very abrupt, very angry and loudly humiliated me in front of all the other passengers like I have committed a terrible crime. She also took out the safety card and aimlessly pointed at the card that I am not allowed to take any photo in the aircraft. However, I studied the card and there wasn't anything specifically illustrating in the card that it is an offence to take a photo inside the plane.

After the plane has landed, I explained to the head crew at the front of the aircraft that I would like to speak to the captain. She wouldn't allow me. She wasn't that helpful either and basically said her staff was doing the right thing.

I will never fly Vueling again after this unpleasant flight experience with your crew.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Don't really know where to start. One the outward journey we arrived at Florence airport and went to pick up our bags. We waited and waited but we were not too worried as there were still a lot of people who didn't have their bags either. We waited for 30 mins and no one spoke to us...we were just all ignored. If it wasn't for an ilalian school teacher we may have still been there. But she told us that they had not put half the luggage on the plane and we would have to queue up and fill form in. She also said that they had lost all the 20 school children's bags on the their way out and that they had not got them back for 4 days. There was one man on the desk and at one point he left too. After an hour and a half we filled in all the forms and left. We were now two hours late picking up our car and then had to drive for another hour. It was 45 degrees in Italy and we only had the clothes we were in. We went out to buy a couple of sets of clothes as we had been told that the bags would be with us in a day. After two days they still hadn't turned up so I rang head office who said they were on a flight that night. We didn't actually get our bag till the morning of the day after. I was not looking forward to the flight home after this. On our return flight they made us queue up, then move the queue 4 times meaning that you would queue to check in get to the front only to be told you were in the wrong queue and had to queue again. We finally got to the check in desk and the lady then started talking to another member of staff and ignored us for 10 mins. I was mad by this point. Then we got through to our gate eventually and there was nobody on the passport section and all the doors were open so we sat at the gate. Another Vueling member of staff told us we were at the wrong and had to move. This happened twice before they told us they were bussing us to Bologna because it was too windy to take off from Florence. We were told to collect our luggage and put it on the bus and we asked if we would have to go through check in again and they said no. We drove to Bologna and there was no one to tell us where to go. We managed to find a Vueling desk but we were again ignored. So we made our own queue. After 30 mins we were told to line up in a different line but then they changed their minds twice after this and we had to move again. No one told us what gate to go to or when we would be leaving. A friend rang Vueling and was told our flight was leaving at 16.30 but it was already 17.45 at this point. There was no information and we were continually ignored. Eventually we boarded the plane at 8pm and the pilot told us he has been waiting for passengers for 4 hours ....they didn't offer us any food vouchers or even give us a free coffee when we got on the plane. When we got to luggage reclaim one of our bags was missing again. We filled in more forms which took us another 30 mins. This company has no customer service they loose your bags and can't even organise a queue. Just to add insult t injury they sent us on online questionnaire and when we clicked on the worst rating it wouldn't let us leave our feedback. I am now posting as much online as I can as a warning to others.

3  Thank Helen J