“low cost flight with fairly high price”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is low cost airline so you should not expect a lot. This uncountable seats, not a lot of room paying extra for everything. Unfortunately Wizzair is one of two airlines offering direct flights between London and Wroclaw and I will tell only it is better option.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank daringlines
Write a ReviewReviews (10,920)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

0/10 i would give Minus infinity if i could! Never again!! Staff is rude, and they are money grabbers!!
I tried to check in online but page was out of function all week!! I called them hundred times, emailed them ( just because i was sick and wantet to avoid the queque since i only had hand lugage not because i knew that was necessary!! When i arrived at the airport to check in desk they Made me pay 100 Euros for not checking in online!! Even that i explained the situation ( was same for half of passengers! They made us pay ) the staff response was: pay or leave you wont flight without paying!! They also refuse to give as a reciept or something so was a clear money stealing. I asked for the menager or his office but they said he wasnt there!What a shame!! Avoid it. Pay another company because anyway this ‘cheap’ one will make you pay the same amount by stealing your money!!

5  Thank -my-honest-review-2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a student in UK originally from Cyprus and I booked the flight N959MC from Larnaca to Luton for the 12th of January with Wizz Air and my complaint has quite a few parts.

The first thing that happened is that when I arrived at the airport to check in I was asked to pay a 35 euro fine because I had not checked in online. This would have been fine if I was somehow made aware that I had to check in online. However, this fine situation is not stated on my ticket email and I also did not receive any email to remind me about check in or to inform me that I would have to check in early to avoid fines. I later looked on the website and you state this under the information and services page but I would have never thought to have looked there. Most of the passengers on the same flight had to pay this fine and we were instructed by the kiosk to make a complaint online as this happens all the time according to them. I paid 40 euro for my original ticket but together with all the extras and this fine my ticket costed 175 euro which is more expensive than non budget airlines.

After arriving in london I received an email that my luggage had to be taken down in Larnaca for safety reasons. However the email mentioned only one piece of luggage. Due to the fact that I was asked to check in my carry on free of charge i still waited at the airport for an hour for my carry on to arrive and it never did. Me together with most of the passengers of the plane (who hadn’t checked their emails so they were not aware that half of the luggage was disembarked) found out after an hour of waiting that our luggage had never arrived. This is unacceptable as the luggage was left in Larnaca so an announcement could have been made at any time during boarding, flight and landing to make us aware of the situation. What is more after conversations with the other passengers this has been happening to flights from the same airline a few times before during the same week.
No one from the airline was there to answer customer’s questions and the luggage handlers at luton just gave us a form to fill in but no other information, they said our luggage would be sent to us the next day probably. Well it has been 3 days now.

In my carry on luggage that never arrived, I had antidepressant, anti anxiety medication as well as stomach medication. I made that clear to the luggage handling people and I asked them to inform me as soon as my luggage is in luton just so I can receive it and take my medicine. They promised they would send my luggage urgently as well as inform me when it would be in London. That never happened.
I have spent the past 3 days suffering from pain as well as withdrawal symptoms. I was not able to go to my university meetings for 3 days now (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) because I waited at home for my luggage as no one would give me any indication as to when it would arrive. I have called the customer support line so many times, as well as all the luggage handlers and even customer operations. All i was getting from them the past 3 days is we have no information or no one would reply the calls. I must have called about 10 different numbers.

I had to go buy clothes and underwear because I didn’t have anything even to shower. Today I finally received a message that my luggage will arrive at some point during the day but no specific time so again I am missing another day of university. I am a postgraduate student i have to do tons of work and all my books and notes were in my luggage so I am even behind with my work because of this situation.

The problem is not really the luggage not arriving. the problem is how the situation was handled or more accurately not handled. The customer service has been the WORSE i have ever encountered in every part of these few days, from the airport staff, to the luggage handling agents, to the phone people as well as the people at the airport offices. This is not just me being one passenger, this has happened to a lot of passengers the past few days as my flight is not the only flight where luggage got taken down. What I also find strange is that the flight was not even at full capacity, there were plenty of empty seats.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Sppali
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was content with their services until they changed the luggage policy and their prices.
Now Wizz is not so economic.
I wish they could at least offer free water, but If you are on a budget, they might be the best option, at least in Romania. For now!

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank angiehorgos
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first experience with Wizzair and I wasn’t expecting much at all (looking at the other reviews). I have traveled a lot, both by expensive as well as low budget air companies.
Shortly I could just say, the service Wizzair provided for me was a high quality for a very low price.
I have paid a lot more for other companies, for a very poor service and I can tell you this, you get a lot more for a lot less with Wizzair. Well, at least it was the case for me, traveling from London to Kutaisi(Georgia). Both service on board as well as at the airports were smooth, quick and high standard, so I am puzzled by the negative comments!

1  Thank Eka T