“Affordable Ride”
Review of Xiamen Airlines

Reviewed 4 January 2019

Travelled with Xiamen Airlines from Singapore(SIN) to Xiamen(XMN) in Dec 2018. The flight was to Dalian, via Xiamen.

Budget Airline which offers conventional services e.g. food, in-flight entertainment (shared).

Facilities e.g. lavatories are user-friendly, shared amongst a large group of passengers.

Service is good. Friendly cabin crew.

- Traveller Tee Peng Chun

2  Thank teepengchun

Reviewed 29 December 2018

i traveled in november 2018 from Shanghai to Shenzhen to Xiamen Airlines.
First : we arrived on time in Shenzhen :-)
2. a brand new 737.
3. in a les than 3 hour flight i get a menu wath was ok and 4 beers - thanks guys for the good service.
4. the crew was really friendly only the captain turn on the seat belt sign to early by a little bit of shaking (turbulence).

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 24 December 2018

The flight Crew were professional and exceptionally caring. I cannot begin to commend them enough.
They made sure that did not miss my connecting flight after I became confused due to language problems. In essence they took me by the hand and babysat me.
I suffer from COPD and started having diffiiculty breathing, they arranged for a wheelchair at the airport to assist with the long haul to baggage. There didn't seem to be anything they would not do to make sure the trip wnet perfectly.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank seedtime1
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Clean, classy, fast, top line aircraft. However, on my flight home from Denpasar, Bali to LAX (Via Xiamen), I arrived 3.5 hours early. Once at my gate (2.5 hours early), they changed my gate to another gate very far from original. There is no Xiamen air ticket counter in Bali. It was difficult to understand as it was announced in Balanese and Mandarin only. I went to wrong gate & missed my flight. No refund & had to purchase new ticket from different airline to get home. Cost me $800 :-(

3  Thank Johnjroman
Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

I gotta be honest, I booked the flight thru Xiamen because it was a great deal flying from LAX to NRT. But after reading bad reviews about the airline, we were so nervous that it prompted us to to call our travel agency to inquire if we can cancel our reservation and book another airline which we didn't. The plane is nice and it looks new, a lot of legroom even in economy, attentive flight attendants, and decent food.
The process of transitting in Xiamen could have been better. Allow yourself atleast 2 hours to go thru immigration then exit. Go to another line to obtain your boarding pass for your next flight (in my case Tokyo). Then go to immigration check again before you can go to your gate. I'm summarizing the process, but it felt like you have to go thru 10 inspection stops before you can finally relax at the gate. Reading a lot of reviews here on tripadvisor really helped me what to expect.

8  Thank Alvin P