“Affordable fare, terrible service”
Review of flydubai

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently I flew from Dubai. I only choose this airline because of affordable fare. I don't mind that they don't deliver free service on-board, you have to buy on-board. Fair enough, I always bring some snacks or sandwich, and buy on-board coffee. At the end of the day, I need to go from A to B, not to eat on-board. I only asked for a small pillow for my little one as she was tired. I noticed cabin crew giving pillow to other passengers. So I asked for one. Cabin crew without saying anything, threw on me duty free magazine saying I need to purchase blanket and a pillow for 90 aed. I went to the toilet, and I see both cabin crew lying down on the 3 seats covered with a blanket and sleeping. Honestly, I wanted to ask her if she purchased the blanket. OK, they started sale on-board, when suddenly turbulence occurred. They left with the carts, turbulence stopped but they never returned. My little one went by herself to the galley to buy a sprite. Honestly, I'm aware they are low cost but cabin crew behavior is the worst. Sleeping on the seats while on duty and front of all passengers...waking up with messy hair, wrinkled skirts and blouse. Not sure if the company monitors cabin crew performance and looks

1  Thank Marianna12m
Rebecca H, Customer Services at flydubai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the recent review of your flydubai experience.

It’s really important to us to be able to look into this for you however we are unable to identify you on this platform. Please could you send your review to us by email at letstalk@flydubai.com or by private message on Facebook. Please include “TripAdvisor review” in the subject line of your email. We’ll then be in touch with you within 72 hours.

Rebecca

Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Different feelings. During booking I had some problems - with payment. Staff called and send me emails to help to solve the problem - very positive. Boarding was quick, plane itself is quite OK. But then - everything you need onboard (headphones, entertainment services, etc.) is chargeable. Took your own headphones with you. Service onboard took forever. Flight from Bucharest was parked in some "around-the-corner" parking lot - taxi to this took forever. The departure hall of Terminal 2 (flydubai terminal) is one of the worst international terminals I have ever been - and I have seen them quite a lot. OK - you get what you pay for, but this still this is not exactly what I was expecting...

1  Thank TMu71
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Quick boarding, very relaxed friendly staff. Only a 55 min flight so was very quick. Only one down point - there were about 40 people on board, but they still filled up from the front, leaving rows of empty seats, and people sat together - it would've been good to spread the people throughout the cabin, giving them a bit more space.

1  Thank HelenMarie67
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My luggage was lost, and was not found until the last day of my leave from Sri Lanka. The problem is that FlyDubai does not have the office in Sri Lanka, so the communication with them is quite difficult. When my luggage was found they said that it was not their responsibility and that I am about to come to Colombo airport to get my luggage, but I was on adifferent part ofg the country. My friend who travelled few years ago with FlyDubai shared the same experience. They are not professional and I would advise you to travel with hand luggage

1  Thank MaraMara M

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked the tickets with Emirates to fly to Venice .I was not aware that I will be put in this Fly-Dubai flight up to Dubai. One of the worst experience in the air we had with FLY DUBAI!
Fly dubai has a poor sitting arrangement-Pathetic food quality-Very bad on-board service.Flight delay seems to be there habit.We flew 1.5 HRS late.We missed the connecting flight to Venice that cost me a lot to cancel my hotel bookings and the sight seeing tours scheduled next day.We did not receive any help to catch the connecting fight even having tie-up with Emirates.
Alert to the passengers thinking to travel by Fly Dubai !please save your time ,money and mental peace by not travelling this pathetic air-ways.
Alert to Emirate airways-you are spoiling your name with such low cost carriers.

3  Thank Ashoo2015