“Add up the options”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

First, the flight was on time and the crew was very friendly and efficient. The business model, as is increasingly the case, is to charge for everything (bag, carryon, seat assignment, etc.) I booked through expedia and didn't notice this....my bad. All of this would be tolerable, but the line to check a bag was enormous in Denver and had to wait almost 30 minutes...ouch. Also, since I booked via expedia, I could not check in online...had to call multiple times to get reaolved. Very frustrating....seems like this shouldn't be an edge case to accommodate 3rd party apps for check in...Couldn't even do it on their website. Book with Frontier vs. 3P app to save hassle until fixed.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (9,477)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stranded for 4 days by cancellation of flight. You be better off going Greyhound! Gave us nothing but grief.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

When left stranded by United, in Denver, was able to book a last minute flight home on Frontier early the next morning, Had us back in Knoxville by 2:00 pm. This is my third time flying Frontier and while they are no frills, they have always been consistent, communicative, and timely. Thanks for helping us get home, when United refused to even provide a toothbrush for our overnight airport stay. I was able to get home without being a victim of pocketbook robbery! Thanks Frontier!!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Woke up this morning ready to catch my flight to Branson (note: airline code BKG does not appear in the airport options but IS in fact where I was flying to) and meet up with family to find my flight canceled for NO stated reason. I avoid this airline, if possible, precisely because the last time we flew Frontier we experienced a canceled flight at short notice and no good options for getting home. Chose it this time expressly for their direct service to Branson. Tried to call customer service twice. Gave up after a 30+ minute hold. Same day flights to Kansas City on Frontier were all booked. Even if I could have found a flight, I have no confidence that my return flight scheduled for mid-week would be reliable--and I have no margin for that this week. My Omaha, NE family is on their way to our long-scheduled vacation. I am not. Frontier did email links for a refund and vouchers. However, the email confirmation for the refund included the caution that "optional fees" such as the $105 extra dollars I spent to check on 1 bag each way may NOT be refunded. NEVER AGAIN.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Frontier has an early morning flight to Cancun that’s not only convenient but well priced. Everything went smooth and we got there on time. Good service.
The only thing I would like to share with other travelers, based on my own experience, it is to pay for extra baggage at the time of purchase. We did pay for a few when getting the tickets but ended up taking more bags than expected (destination wedding) and the fee for each bag is higher when bought at the counter.
I recommend flying Frontier.