“No frills flight”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 27 June 2018

If you are flying from Cleveland to Seattle with no layovers it is worth it to pay the extra for the more space seating. Also, be aware they charge for everything extra and sometimes it is cheaper to check a bag. No problems with flight and price was lower than any other airlines even with the extras. Return flights are not great time slots, leaving at midnight out of SeaTac. Straight flight was 5 hours, so bring something to drink and a snack, food and drinks are not complementary.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,410)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, as we were leaving the airplane I noticed it was taking them forever to bring up my ECV (motorized wheelchair). After they finally brought it up and my husband realized there was no battery in it, no one from their crew thought to offer to get me a wheelchair or offer one. I walked up the jetway. Everyone assumes because I look okay on the exterior that I am alright but I have psoriatic arthritis that is quite painful.

As we stood there waiting for someone to go back down and look for the battery a manager came over and it was like she saw the situation that was happening but did not want to get involved. So she turned around and left.

Next after they determined they were not going to be able to find the battery, (why it was ever detached and lost we don’t know because we fly frequently and no one has ever taken it off before) someone finally came with a wheelchair to push me down to baggage claim. I asked them how we were supposed to get the 100 lb wheelchair down there since someone in their company lost the battery and they all just looked around or looked at me like they didn’t know. My husband knocked it out of gear and had to push it all the way down to baggage claim. That was not an easy feat.

We get down to baggage claim and guess whose bags are not there? Not just ours but about 35 other people’s. For days we were told different stories every time we called about where our bags were. When my brand new suitcase I had just bought, showed up, it was so beat up, it was almost unrecognizable. I called the lady who was in charge of the bags at the airport and she tried to tell me that the belts at the airport were responsible for the damage. As I said, we fly frequently and I’ve never experienced this before in my life.

Come to find out they were in violation of a DOT regulation for not offering a replacement wheelchair until they got me my battery. It took almost two weeks for that to happen. Their customer service people on the phone are so rude with zero empathy when you call them. I tried explaining my situation and they did not care. They acted with no compassion.

Also they do not have regular operating hours at airports where you can pick up your luggage or call to check if it is there. It is a recording and they will “call you back” when they get in. Except they never call you back. It’s a total scam. This airline should not be in business. I don’t know how they are.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Frontier is the most stripped down, basic flight you can book. That's a given. Absolutely no frills, terrible seats. That's not even the worst. They switch your flights all the time to the most awful routes knows to man. And the "seat fees"!! Really??? paying extra for a seat you already paid for???? Their "bargain" prices are all made up by the extra charges for everything. Funny how the free seats are booked as soon as they are available. Such a scam!!! Shame on you Frontier.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank 373rhonda
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our flight was delayed for several hours. Apparently our plane was needed to go to Las Vegas to pick up passengers and then to Indianapolis. For a flight that was supposed to get into Orlando around 5pm, ours arrived after 10pm. Needless to say several hours of the vacation were lost. The airline compensated us a meal and gave us a $100 voucher to be used within a year, but I’m not sure I want to fly on the airline again due to the bad experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The flight itself was not as bad as I thought. For some reason I have heard so many negative things about Frontier so I had very low expectations. THE only reason I do not give them 5 stars for my flight is because the airline attendant tried talking to me when I had my baby asleep on my chest. My kids were just hard to get to sleep on a red eye flight and I finally got them both to sleep. He said "OH, I thought that they were never going to go to sleep for you." INSERT screaming child who just got woken up by a strange voice. The rest of the flight was a battle because they would not stay asleep. Seriously, what says do not talk to me more than a sleeping child on your chest. Otherwise, the seats, the flight, the drinks, it was all good, just do not talk to anyone who has a sleeping child unless they wave you down.