“short trip to California”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I paid extra for extra leg room, I would hate to see what the no extra leg room was. They got us there and back

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
TristaM71, Director of Customer Care at Frontier Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Paul E,

I am so sorry to hear about your uncomfortable in flight experience. It is never our intent to inconvenience our passengers. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Frontier Airlines

Write a ReviewReviews (10,244)

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I have traveled by air 5-10 times a month for the last 15 years of my career and this is the absolute worst flight experience. Two and 1/2 hours late; lost coat at check-in counter; no one to operate sky bridge told wrong baggage claim area requiring a long detour because of airport construction.

Hello ricbic56,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent travel experience. I understand your frustration in this situation and can only assure you that these are not the standards we strive to maintain. It is never our intent to inconvenience our passengers.

If you would like to discuss this further, please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This airline is impossible to deal with. They charge you $20 per person on the itinerary just to talk to a live person. They will not work with you about changing your itinerary without $100/person. I had a flight cancelled with another airline and I was not able to make my connecting flight with Frontier. This was out of my control, but they wouldn't work with me unless I paid. Nothing on this flight is complementary including drinks and the baggage fees are higher than other airlines. They don't allow carry on's unless you pay. They claim they have lower fares, but then nickle and dime you to death on everything else including their service by phone. I even had to pay to get a regular seat. What is the ticket for then? I will NEVER fly Frontier again.

Hello JamieB0810,

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I have yet experienced any issues with Frontier. Sure you have to pay for every little thing but if you can get by for 2-3 hours of not "needing" those things, then it's worth every penny.
The flight was just after midnight which was perfect because there was no delay or cancellation and it was a direct flight to Denver. I didn't bother paying for the extras (i.e. seat, luggage, drinks, etc.) so the flight was as advertised.
Yes the seats are not that comfortable compared to other airlines but it was a risk I was willing take for being in the air for 2.5 hours. Plus is was a late flight so all I was doing was sleeping anyway. The luggage was not an issue considering I was only going for a couple days so I was able to pack very light to have the bag fit under my seat.
That is the key to flying Frontier. If you can get away with packing a enough to fit under the seat, find a non-stop flight, sit in any condition, then it's worth flying Frontier.

Hello AndyT_11,

We are always pleased to hear that your recent experience was enjoyable. At Frontier, we strive to provide Low Fares Done Right for all of our passengers. We look forward to welcoming you aboard many future Frontier Airlines flights!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

There’s a reason they are an economy airline and I hope I never have to fly them again! We had 5 gate changes, 9 departure changes, and once we finally boarded almost everyone learned that our seats wouldn’t recline ANY. Of course they were so smashed together, they had to be fixed to get the cattle car loaded. The worse economy airline I have ever experienced!!!!

Date of travel: July 2018
1  Thank Marie F

Hello Marie f,

I am really sorry to hear that you flight was delayed and for the disruption it caused to your travel plans. I understand you're flying with us because you have somewhere to be. That's a reasonable expectation! Delays can be frustrating, but safety is our top concern and periodically our flights have to be delayed due to this reason. Please accept my apology for the unexpected interruption.

I recognize this does not change the time you have lost or the inconvenience, but we hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.