“No Space”
Review of Air Canada Rouge

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Iahve recently flown Air Canada Rouge on a few occasions. There is not space on the plane for people, staff or the carts. My knees were up against the seat ahead; seat was small and tight; carts bumped aisle seats and aisle seated passengers; staff were constantly bumped by passengers. It was most uncomfortable and I will try not to fly this again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,276)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Couldn’t watch in flight movies. No connectivity with plane internet both going to and coming back from Las Vegas. Total crap. No adjustments for air blowing cold air down on us. Bad enough all flight attendants had sweaters on. Leg room sucks too. I’ll stick with WestJet next time.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

After hearing a number of bad reviews of Rouge (anf granted, it has been a year or so since the last bad review), I was pleasantly surprised with the airline and its service.

Our family flew economy. I am a man of average height and I had at least 4 inches of space in front of my knees. We were in the middle of the plane, not in exit rows, just in regular seats. The plane servicing the route was A320-200.

One thing that was missing for me was the seat head support. Many airlines have flaps on the headrests that can wrap around your head and neck. These seats did not have those flaps, so a neck pillow would be highly recommended.

One nifty feature that I liked was food vouchers. I bought them before departing from Toronto (at the time of booking). Shortly after departure, we were able to select from the menu as a priority (some items were not available to all passengers). Also, the voucher give a much better bang for the buck compared to the regular menu. Lastly, the single voucher works on both legs of the trip, so we were treated to priority selections on the way back too.

The flight was 5 hours, the entertainment system was working fine and I noticed they had some recent releases. I'm not a big TV or movie aficionado, but many of the titles sounded very familiar.

Flight attendants were extremely courteous and professional, so thanks to them for making the flight a little more pleasant.

On the way out from Toronto, the free version of WiFi worked until we exited US airspace over Florida. After that, I imagine I could use paid WiFi, but didn't want to.

In today's flying environment, I would say this flight was very good, if not excellent. The schedule was also very convenient: leaving Toronto in the morning, we still had half a day left when we arrived in Aruba. On the way back, we were able to hit the beach first thing, then head to the airport and still arrive in Toronto at a decent hour.

Pearson airport still had congestion on arrival, we had to wait in the plane for at least half an hour before coming to the gate, but that's not to do with the airline or the flight.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Though Air Canada Rouge states that it has no frills, I was surprised that we still had 2 meals and a snack, wifi availability, and one free luggage, so that was all I really needed. We opted for the extra 6" leg room and it was plenty of room

1  Thank jessandc
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Arrive at Dublin airport over 2 hours early...They only had 3 people working the check-in line and bag drop, so it took almost the two full hours to get through. Had to run from security to our gate and arrived just as they were boarding zone 3.

We had a layover in Vancouver. Found out heading through customs that one of our bags didn't make it on the flight from Dublin. We had to wait in customs, until about 5 minutes before our flight was going to board. Custom officials finally gave us a pass so we could get through security and deal with the delayed bag at home. Again had to run to our gate and arrived as they were boarding.

Our bag was delayed 4 days. I had to call everyday to get an update on delivery. Each day they said it would arrive by 9pm that evening, and each day they were wrong, until the 4th day.

I would never fly Air Canada Rouge again. Regular Air Canada was fine, nothing special, but not the chaos of Air Canada Rouge. My advice - pay a little more to avoid this airline.