Alexandra Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)
Sibonne Beach Hotel(Providenciales)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)
Point Grace(Providenciales)
Le Vele Resort(Providenciales)
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)
Grace Bay Suites(Providenciales)
1,882 results
All reviewsmango reef restaurantswim up barblue havenocean frontfull kitchencaicos dream tourstime sharegrocery storewasher dryerbeautiful beachfree shuttlerum punchstudio roomsister propertiescoral gardenshalf bathpartial ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Awesome resort. Definitely had less families than its neighbor Beaches which was a huge plus for us. Staff is extemely helpful and friendly. Our room was amazing, huge living room and kitchen, 2 bathrooms, huge balcony with an ocean view. I was quite impressed. Event though we traveled during hurricane season, I was impressed with what we paid compared to some of the more pricier resorts. It hurts that it is not an all inclusive, but if you are just they for beach and sun, you cannot go wrong with the Alexandra Resort.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view, luxury studio. The balcony and rooms are enormous and great for watching the sunset with a glass of wine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We appreciate receiving your positive review and we are glad you enjoyed your visit. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I spent 6 days at the lovely Alexandra resort. I stayed in a 1 bed room condo and the room was perfect. With a bedroom and 1 and 1/2 bathroom the room was nicely appointed. And what a bonus to have a full kitchen! Having a refrigerator was nice for the leftover food from dinners.

The on site restaurant Mango Reef had very good food. Although I felt breakfast was lacking in variety, it was still pretty good, less the waffles. Not a good choice. Dinner was very good with lots of choices. Lunch options were also plentiful.

The beach was breathtaking. Clear turquoise water with smooth, fine, white sand. This was by far the most gorgeous beach I have seen in the Caribbean. The resort staff was pretty attentive and for the most part happy to set up chairs and umbrellas. However one beach attendant did tell me he needed a break and it was too hot, refusing to set up my umbrella and chairs when I asked. This was rather unexpected! However it appeared to be an anomaly and did not happen again.

We did venture off resort and had dinner at Fire and Ice and Hemingways, both very good. The Island fish fry (Hosted by the Tourist Board) on Thursdays was an experience but I felt was too much of a tourist spot and not really worth the visit.

We also went to the Market grocery store and purchased food items for cooking at the resort. This turned out to be a great idea and allowed us to cook our own breakfasts and lounge in the gorgeous room in the mornings prior to going out to the beach for the day. Beware though, that the groceries are quite expensive in comparison to what you would pay in the US.

Overall a great and relaxing vacation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive review. Please accept our apologies for the unacceptable service you received from one of the beach attendants, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are happy that you otherwise received excellent service and had a positive experience with us, and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Alexandra Resort was beautiful. I stayed in a spacious 1-bedroom suite. I heard that each building's setup is a little different. Our room had 1.5 bathrooms, a washer/dryer, full kitchen, and a balcony. The balcony had a large table and two lounge chairs. The beach is beautiful and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas. You do not need to wake up early to get a good seat on the beach. Everyone else said they had rum punch during check-in, but we did not receive one. We walked to Bay Bistro which was only a 5 minute walk and it was incredible. One night we ate at Mango Reef right on the beach. The food was fine but the scenery was incredible. We went around 7:00 so we could watch the sunset. The room was extremely clean! The bed was a fulll- not a queen. One night we walked to Mr. Grouper which was very close. The food was fine, not great. Getting a taxi was quick and easy. My favorite restaurants close by - Coco Bistro, Bella Luna, Las Brisas, Da Conch Shack, and Caicos Cafe. I would highly recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle1381

We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us, and we appreciate receiving your kind review. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service again in the future. For the benefit of other readers please note that we do not have full size beds in our one bedroom suites. All of our one bedroom suites are furnished with queen size beds, with the exception of the suites in our Lady Rose building (oceanfront) which has a king size bed in the master bedroom.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit, ocean view. Overall it was great. Incredible view, gorgeous beach, daily maid service, spacious suite,good amenities... Unit has a kitchenette, which was very handy. Ate 2 lunches and 1 dinner at the Mango Reef resort which were good. Drinks are a little hit and miss and there is no beach service for drinks which would have been great. The hotel doesn't own the restaurant but it does take room charges. Only complaint is I booked this unit thru my timeshare exchange company Interval International, in my room description my unit should have included a full kitchen and stove which it did not. I thought I was getting a bigger unit than I received. I did not bother complaining to the hotel management because I realized this the next day after we had already unpacked and done our grocery shopping. If they offered another unit it would have been a hassle to move but it does irritate me that what I booked didn't match what I received. So my advice is to double check that the room you receive is what you have booked as soon as you check in. FYI taxis are very expensive

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are disappointed to learn that you did not receive the room that you booked. Since the room was not booked through us, may we suggest that you follow up with I.I.? It sounds like you otherwise had a positive experience and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Alexandra Resort exceeded my expectations in every way possible when I visited Turks & Caicos about 2 weeks ago. 1st off, you are greeted with delicious rum punch while you are being checked in. And not only did the accomodations blow me away - spacious 1 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom with a full kitchen - it is home to one of Grace Bay's best restaurants - Mango Reef. 3 of us shared this space and everything was very comfortable. Housekeeping was also great with not only keeping everything clean but with ensuring there was no shortage in towels. And to top it all off, the staff is amazing! The large group we traveled with experienced disaster after disaster and the staff at Alexandra was there putting out fires the entire time. Hats off to the concierge there as well. He knows everything there is to know about the resort, the activities and the island itself. He's very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. We wouldn't have made it without him. Overall, thanks to the beautiful beaches, great food and wonderful staff & accomodations at the Alexandra Resort, our vacation turned out lovely and we all can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTravelista_SAO
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Our team genuinely appreciates receiving your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.