Stayed here after winning a 2 night B+B stay with dinner on one night thrown in. First the good...fantastic room in new wing, large, comfortable, luxurious. No complaints here! Food very good and not badly priced. Best thing was the staff who are excellent, you get a sense you're not just another customer and they really want you to enjoy your stay...special mention to Cheryl in the restaurant and blonde lady with glasses (sorry...can't mind the name!!!) who were only to happy to chat no matter how busy!
Couple of minor faults...watch out for weddings! Gets very busy in bar and hotel should really operate a separate bar for wedding parties, you always feel like you're intruding on a wedding when trying to get served! Not saying it was a wedding guest but didn't appreciate the drunken idiot ringing my room phone at 01:30 hrs thinking he was funny before nearly putting the door in 5 mins later...not much the hotel can do here though. Second...serve up on my plate what the menu says!!! I ordered a Corick special, Fillet Mignon which was meant to be 2 x 5 ounce steaks topped with parsnip crisps....got 1 I assume 10 ounce steak and no crisps. Seems a feeble complaint but when you pride yourself on the 'Flavour of Tyrone' brand this is basic stuff. Food still good though..! Ordered breakfast in bed and it could have been a little fresher, was overdone and dry...no sauces either so not brill. Lastly, builders are on the go working on the new spa from 09:00 so if you're in the new wing don't expect a lie in!!!
Hope this dosen't seem to critical but seems fair to point out the bad along with the good. All in all a good place for a relaxing break, as said the staff appear to be the prime asset. Will hopefully return to try out the spa sometime in the future! Worth a try!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Clogher Valley where style and elegance meets country hospitality, this idyllic 17th Century House offers a haven of tranquillity. A warm welcome awaits you at Corick House Hotel, a charming venue set among meandering streams and winding country roads. Guests are offered the finest tradition and Irish hospitality, superb cuisine and lavish surroundings in the 4*hotel, bringing you back in time with period décor. The hotel showcases how the old and new can blend together effortlessly, offering visitors a high quality and luxurious experience in 4* surroundings. The hotel boasts 43 luxurious bedrooms and suites, nine of which are situated in the original Georgian house, and the remainder located in the new wing of the hotel. All rooms have been individually designed and decorated to an exceptional standard, giving a classically luxurious edge, with stunning views of the gardens, valleys and countryside. Each room is fully equipped to ensure maximum comfort during your stay. AWARDS Voted – Best Wedding Venue in Northern Ireland – Reader Awards 2016 Voted – Best Spa in Northern Ireland – Ulster Tattler Awards 2016 Voted – Best Hotel Restaurant in Ulster – Yes Chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Country House Dining Experience in Ireland – Yes chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Dessert Chef in Ireland – Irish Hotel Federation 2016 Voted – Best Customer Service - in Northern Ireland - Women In Business N.I 2016 Voted - Best Hotel Restaurant in Tyrone by Irish Restaurant Awards 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Corick House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corick House Hotel Clogher
- Corick Hotel Clogher
- Corick House Clogher, County Tyrone