Stayed one night for a wedding. Reception staff were wonderful, very easy check in and couldn't do enough for us. Great start but then some of the other staff put a damper on things. Showed no sense of humour, can they not manage a smile or at least pretend that they enjoy their work? If the rest of the staff had been like the girls at reception I would have given a five star rating, so my apologies to the Receptionists, your workmates kinda let you down on this occasion.
Spa? Do they have a Spa? Never saw it mentioned anywhere.....no signs that I could see.
Sunday morning breakfast ends at 10am.....I know that there are other customers coming in for Sunday lunch and that the kitchen has a time limit but the hotel must understand that wedding guests sometimes suffer the effects of 'the morning after the night before.' Hotel is happy to supply alcohol to the wee small hours and then expect folks to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed before 10am. The breakfast was OK.....just OK but it was served by staff who appeared to be rather disinterested. Personally I would have preferred to have a buffet, serve myself and eat it in the garden.
The hotel and grounds are magnificent. The decor is superb and the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. This could be a perfect setting for a very relaxing weekend. I'm afraid there was just something missing and I heard similar sentiments from several others so I'm not basing this review on my own personal thoughts. Perhaps the Hotel should cater to their Guests, rather than expecting the Guests to cater to the Hotel. Remember if you don't please your customers, somebody else will. Beautiful setting and thankfully the Bride and Groom had a wonderful day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Clogher Valley where style and elegance meets country hospitality, this idyllic 17th Century House offers a haven of tranquillity. A warm welcome awaits you at Corick House Hotel, a charming venue set among meandering streams and winding country roads. Guests are offered the finest tradition and Irish hospitality, superb cuisine and lavish surroundings in the 4*hotel, bringing you back in time with period décor. The hotel showcases how the old and new can blend together effortlessly, offering visitors a high quality and luxurious experience in 4* surroundings. The hotel boasts 43 luxurious bedrooms and suites, nine of which are situated in the original Georgian house, and the remainder located in the new wing of the hotel. All rooms have been individually designed and decorated to an exceptional standard, giving a classically luxurious edge, with stunning views of the gardens, valleys and countryside. Each room is fully equipped to ensure maximum comfort during your stay. AWARDS Voted – Best Wedding Venue in Northern Ireland – Reader Awards 2016 Voted – Best Spa in Northern Ireland – Ulster Tattler Awards 2016 Voted – Best Hotel Restaurant in Ulster – Yes Chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Country House Dining Experience in Ireland – Yes chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Dessert Chef in Ireland – Irish Hotel Federation 2016 Voted – Best Customer Service - in Northern Ireland - Women In Business N.I 2016 Voted - Best Hotel Restaurant in Tyrone by Irish Restaurant Awards 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Corick House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corick House Hotel Clogher
- Corick Hotel Clogher
- Corick House Clogher, County Tyrone