Corick House Hotel & Spa
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Grange Lodge(Dungannon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscorick housewedding receptionwedding venuerestaurant managerjunior suitestrawberriesnext morningbeautiful hotelnew wingclogher valleysorbetsteam roomfrom start to finishsoupfirst classcourse mealwhole experience
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed one night for a wedding. Reception staff were wonderful, very easy check in and couldn't do enough for us. Great start but then some of the other staff put a damper on things. Showed no sense of humour, can they not manage a smile or at least pretend that they enjoy their work? If the rest of the staff had been like the girls at reception I would have given a five star rating, so my apologies to the Receptionists, your workmates kinda let you down on this occasion.

Spa? Do they have a Spa? Never saw it mentioned anywhere.....no signs that I could see.

Sunday morning breakfast ends at 10am.....I know that there are other customers coming in for Sunday lunch and that the kitchen has a time limit but the hotel must understand that wedding guests sometimes suffer the effects of 'the morning after the night before.' Hotel is happy to supply alcohol to the wee small hours and then expect folks to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed before 10am. The breakfast was OK.....just OK but it was served by staff who appeared to be rather disinterested. Personally I would have preferred to have a buffet, serve myself and eat it in the garden.
The hotel and grounds are magnificent. The decor is superb and the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. This could be a perfect setting for a very relaxing weekend. I'm afraid there was just something missing and I heard similar sentiments from several others so I'm not basing this review on my own personal thoughts. Perhaps the Hotel should cater to their Guests, rather than expecting the Guests to cater to the Hotel. Remember if you don't please your customers, somebody else will. Beautiful setting and thankfully the Bride and Groom had a wonderful day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Samsyn747
corick house ho... b, Manager at Corick House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Good Evening Samsyn 747
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor. We value all comments & endeavour to use it to learn how we can Improve all guests experience. My sincere apologies for shortcoming in customer service at the hotel. We do hope you give us the chance to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

On our way home from Enniskillen we stopped off at Corick house for tea, we where welcomed by Pauline at the reception who directed us to the bar where the early bird menu was brought to us by Cathal, he was very helpful and explained the menu to us, he had plenty of time for all the customers with his friendly chat, after our meal we went down to their new spa and had a look around, we where very impressed with the spa. all the staff where very friendly we must give it a try. well done Cathal and thanks for the chat and great service. great price too .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Good Evening Flex 43
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor. I was delighted to read your recent experience was of a delight. I will pass your kind comments unto cathal. I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a romantic getaway break in Corick house with my husband and we had a great time. Upon arrival we wer given room keys well before check-in time which was brilliant (hate the waiting about).
We booked our meal for 7:30 & when went down there was nobody there to ask or tell us what to do or where to go, bout 5mins later we were shown to the bar area to give our orders and get our drink. (our only drink I might add, we weren't asked again) it was 30mins before we were seated in restaurant for food. Food I thought was lovely but my husband was in impressed with his salmon dish, we had to wait 15-25mins for our mains plates to be taken away and asked if we wanted dessert- not good!
Rooms are very spacious and clean clean clean! No information anywhere about the spa or hotel in rooms so we had no idea about breakfasts or room service.
Would stay again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ciara W

Good evening Ciara W
I would like to thank-you for your recent review and delighted your enjoyed your overall stay, I do apologise for your service in the bar area. We do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back for another romantic break.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my second stay at the property and probably my last unless we have another function to attend. The hotel itself is beautiful period home with a new extension housing many other bedrooms. We were checked in, by the lovely Paula and given a room at the far end of the building just above the new spa.

The bedrooms are large and have all the facilities you would expect, but were lacking the warmth that we felt at reception. i believe the bed was a double and it looked dwarfed in the spacious room.

We had really high expectations for the spa but we left feeling a little disappointed. There was a hydrotherapy pool which could accommodate about 12 people comfortably, a sauna and a steam room and some relaxation chairs. However, there isn't access to the outdoor hot tub as this has to be booked and paid for as part of a private booking. We weren't aware of this in advance of our stay. The decor is absolutely stunning, however the spa itself was quite small. That said, it is a fabulous addition to the hotel.

We had booked spa treatments but we were five minutes late (had to ask for a pot of tea at breakfast four times!!) and were told that time would be taken off the treatments at the end. We didn't have the treatments as a result. I would expect that they build some buffer time in for spa appointments, but i appreciate that they were extremely busy that day.

We wore our robes back to our room (we were only one floor above). BEWARE. Do not leave anything in the pockets of your robe!! I forgot about my credit card and when i realised, i was told that it couldnt be found, only to discover it at reception the next day after it had been through the washer and dryer!!

Dinner that evening was fine, and we were served relatively quickly but i believe there were others who experienced a bit of a wait that evening.

All in all we had a fine stay. We were there for a wedding and decided to make a break out of it by staying for two nights. It's a shame about the problems we encountered with the spa and the credit card!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
corick house ho... b, Manager at Corick House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good Afternoon travelbugjen
Thank-you for your review, we have discussed your issues directly. We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay in the hotel and take your comments on board.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had been looking forward to visiting Corick House for a long time and were sad to have a disappointing experience.

We booked an overnight spa package, and while we did have some trouble getting our treatments booked in as it was a busy time, the spa staff were very helpful and got us sorted out. The spa was small but lovely, and the treatments very relaxing.

However, the rest of the hotel service did not meet the four star rating the hotel holds.

We had booked a table for dinner for 7.30pm. When we arrived for dinner, we had to get the attention of a member of staff who then told us to sit and wait in a room. We weren't sure what was happening, but we weren't brought to our table until 8.20pm. We were quite surprised to have to wait 50 minutes after booking a table, especially as it didn't seem very busy and there were plenty of empty tables. Also, we were never once asked if we wanted a drink, so just decided it as less hassle just to drink the jug of water on the table rather than try to get someone's attention to get us drinks.

We seemed to have to constantly chase after staff to get any sort of information during our stay, such as where the spa was, where to get dinner and breakfast etc. Usually in hotels staff are trained to explain things to people without having to be chased for information. Waiting for ten minutes at reception every time you realise there's something else you weren't told and now need to know is a bit frustrating.

Also, the jacuzzi bath in our room did not work. When the button was pressed, the bath made a humming sound but did not give out jets of water. As it was very late at night by this stage, we didn't want to have to try to get the attention of staff again. However, my partner spent a lot more money to get a junior suite just so that we would have a jacuzzi bath in the room, and so we were left very disappointed.

We did fill in a comment card with our details and requested feedback on our comments, and we also spoke to the receptionist on check-out - she took a phone number and assured us that a manager would phone us, however I had to chase up the issues by email about a week afterwards as nobody contacted us.

Eventually, we were sent a brief letter and a ten pound voucher. No apology or explanation of any of the issues raised. I have sent another email but don't expect to get any satisfaction on the matter.

With the poor customer service from some staff members and management, I am sad to say that I would not recommend staying in this hotel. There are a few other spa hotels in the country that have excellent customer service and efficient service, and so I would go back to one of them next time we go for a relaxing trip.

Room Tip: If you get a junior suite, check if your jacuzzi bath is working immediately as we found out late at night that ours was not working.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Monkeys_96

Good Morning Monkeys_96
Thank-you for your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. We have taken note of your comments and passed these onto the relevant departments to eliminate short comings. We have been in contact directly and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.