“Beautiful place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corick House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Corick House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clogher
Limavady, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I came to tthe Corick house hotel for a 3 day break it is fantastic view from my room looking out over the clogher valley staff are really nice nothing to much trouble young lady even took my case to my room for me I have tried there bar early bird menu just one problem you get to much to eat beautiful gardens was an old house has been much extended well worth giving it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view I just got lucky beautiful view of the Clogher valley out of my window th...
1 Thank David M
corick house ho... b, Manager at Corick House, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good Evening Dave M
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review on Trip-advisor beautiful place.
I'm pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us from service, meals and accomodation. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Joanne Beacom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Armagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Although this is a lovely House set in lovely gardens I and a lot more of the guest seemed to feel the same. We were over charged and the room rate seemed to change willy nilly. We were quoted one price and charged another. I booked a family room but we had to pay £20 extra for each of our children so the £139 quoted rose to £169 for B&B. Quite annoying when they asked me and knew how many children but still quoted wrong price. So my 8 year old ate 1 piece of toast for breakfast and it cost me £20. The staff seemed frazelled when the guests arrived for breakfast at the last minute which is again normal considering they weren't long in bed. We also figured out that if you didn't book out by 11 a sur charge was added every hour so all the guests quickly told each other again making it feel very them and us kinda thing. The reception was lovely and although everything was good it just seemed like no one was in charge we had children at our table and asked for extra bread 4 times over 3/4 of an hour later we finally got 4 pieces with the dinner. There were more bar staff working than was needed which I've never seen before but they were chatting constantly and you felt like you were interrupting them to get a drink again no management. Some of the staff were very good and attentive but I felt that there needed to be someone to crack the whip to keep them all focused. The food was good, ok, normal nothing to write home about. I feel with the right management this could be a fantastic venue staff didn't seem confident at all. Oh nearly forgot room although bigish had only 3 half empty rolls of toilet tissue which with 5 in the room 3 of them kids was gone in no time to the husbands detriment lol and when speaking to other guests they all had the same complaint. No apology was given when I told reception and when I asked about difference in quoted price it was mearly shrugged of and they seemed to think they deserved this price. Unfortunately my husband had already paid for the room and had not realised the difference in price. Overall we had a lovely day with family but would never recommend Corick house as a venue for anything.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank calmal1
Good Evening Calmal 1
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor.
Its pleasing to read that overall you had a lovely family day at the hotel. Its disappointing however that your overall experience was unsatisfactory and accept my apologies. Customer service is very important to us, as your room reservation was booked on behalf of your family we are unaware if the correct price was stated unto you. I have taken all your comments and discussed with relevant departments. We would like the opportuniity to welcome you back.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have visited the lovely Corick house on several occasions and could not fault a thing! Rooms are spacious and immaculate, the setting is amazing, the staff are welcoming and helpful and the food is always delicious! I would highly recommend a visit to their new spa which is peaceful and tranquil with many beauty/relaxation treatments on offer. Afternoon tea was a lovely treat with great value for money -there's something wrong if you come away hungry!! Definitely worth a visit- you will not be disappointed.

Good evening Christina M
Thank-you for your review on trip-advisor, I'm delighted to read your kind comments and do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited the spa at corick house for a birthday treat, we had a great time. The staff are very helpful and enthusiastic. The surroundings are beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxed and calm. Just what we needed! We would certainly recommend it and look forward to our next visit.

Good Evening 811jen
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor about your birthday treat. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent spa experince and I will pass this unto the team. I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Cookstown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed one night for a wedding. Reception staff were wonderful, very easy check in and couldn't do enough for us. Great start but then some of the other staff put a damper on things. Showed no sense of humour, can they not manage a smile or at least pretend that they enjoy their work? If the rest of the staff had been like the girls at reception I would have given a five star rating, so my apologies to the Receptionists, your workmates kinda let you down on this occasion.

Spa? Do they have a Spa? Never saw it mentioned anywhere.....no signs that I could see.

Sunday morning breakfast ends at 10am.....I know that there are other customers coming in for Sunday lunch and that the kitchen has a time limit but the hotel must understand that wedding guests sometimes suffer the effects of 'the morning after the night before.' Hotel is happy to supply alcohol to the wee small hours and then expect folks to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed before 10am. The breakfast was OK.....just OK but it was served by staff who appeared to be rather disinterested. Personally I would have preferred to have a buffet, serve myself and eat it in the garden.
The hotel and grounds are magnificent. The decor is superb and the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. This could be a perfect setting for a very relaxing weekend. I'm afraid there was just something missing and I heard similar sentiments from several others so I'm not basing this review on my own personal thoughts. Perhaps the Hotel should cater to their Guests, rather than expecting the Guests to cater to the Hotel. Remember if you don't please your customers, somebody else will. Beautiful setting and thankfully the Bride and Groom had a wonderful day.

1 Thank Samsyn747
Good Evening Samsyn 747
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor. We value all comments & endeavour to use it to learn how we can Improve all guests experience. My sincere apologies for shortcoming in customer service at the hotel. We do hope you give us the chance to welcome you back to the hotel.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

On our way home from Enniskillen we stopped off at Corick house for tea, we where welcomed by Pauline at the reception who directed us to the bar where the early bird menu was brought to us by Cathal, he was very helpful and explained the menu to us, he had plenty of time for all the customers with his friendly chat, after our meal we went down to their new spa and had a look around, we where very impressed with the spa. all the staff where very friendly we must give it a try. well done Cathal and thanks for the chat and great service. great price too .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Good Evening Flex 43
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor. I was delighted to read your recent experience was of a delight. I will pass your kind comments unto cathal. I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a romantic getaway break in Corick house with my husband and we had a great time. Upon arrival we wer given room keys well before check-in time which was brilliant (hate the waiting about).
We booked our meal for 7:30 & when went down there was nobody there to ask or tell us what to do or where to go, bout 5mins later we were shown to the bar area to give our orders and get our drink. (our only drink I might add, we weren't asked again) it was 30mins before we were seated in restaurant for food. Food I thought was lovely but my husband was in impressed with his salmon dish, we had to wait 15-25mins for our mains plates to be taken away and asked if we wanted dessert- not good!
Rooms are very spacious and clean clean clean! No information anywhere about the spa or hotel in rooms so we had no idea about breakfasts or room service.
Would stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ciara W
Good evening Ciara W
I would like to thank-you for your recent review and delighted your enjoyed your overall stay, I do apologise for your service in the bar area. We do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back for another romantic break.
Joanne Beacom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clogher
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Castle Leslie Estate
Castle Leslie Estate
#1 of 1 in Glaslough
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,390 reviews

Been to Corick House? Share your experiences!