My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as a weekend getaway as we were at a wedding in Parkanaur. The hotel is set in a great location, far away from the main road, it's really peaceful and quiet. We got an offer for 2 nights bed and breakfast with a 4 course meal included for one evening. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which were very spacious and modern. Most importantly it was very clean. The bathroom had enough room for a double bed and was bright and airy with everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The tv remote did not work in the room and we had to get it replaced. There were marks up the wall beside the bed and the handle was coming loose on the bathroom door, and the thermostat didn't appear to work, we had it as low as it would go but the room was still quite warm (but this is just me just nit-picking).
There was supposed to be free wifi in the room but we couldn't connect using our phone. We were in the rooms furthest room away from the main reception (that could possibly make a difference).
For the evening meal, we both had the caesar salad for starter, I then had the escalope of chicken tower (the chicken was lovely and the portion size was just right). My wife had the pork belly (said there was a lot of fat on it which she doesn't like but other than that it tasted great). The presentation of the food was excellent. for dessert I had the chocolate fudge cake with ice cream and my wife had the eton mess with ice-cream. Both were delicious and not overly small. A nice touch was the ice cream coming in a dark chocolate cup. For our fourth course we decided to get a green tea each, but to our surprise we ended up paying for it in our bill but since it was only £4.40 and my wife does not appreciate me complaining I decided to leave it. There was a female member of staff bringing our food, who was a real credit to the hotel, friendly, pleasant and always checking if we were ok and if we needed anything. If only there wore name tags and I could thank her on here by name.
The hotel had a wedding on both nights we stayed there which meant the car park was packed to the gills with staff cars as well as guest cars. We did struggle to get parked both nights with some people choosing to abandon their cars. On the plus side, we could not hear the wedding even during our evening meal which was fantastic as we were able to enjoy each others company without the noise associated with weddings.
Overal it was a great stay, albeit with a few minor issues but none that ruined the stay and I would definitely stay in Corick House again. I never got to use the spa so I don't know what it was like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Clogher Valley where style and elegance meets country hospitality, this idyllic 17th Century House offers a haven of tranquillity. A warm welcome awaits you at Corick House Hotel, a charming venue set among meandering streams and winding country roads. Guests are offered the finest tradition and Irish hospitality, superb cuisine and lavish surroundings in the 4*hotel, bringing you back in time with period décor. The hotel showcases how the old and new can blend together effortlessly, offering visitors a high quality and luxurious experience in 4* surroundings. The hotel boasts 43 luxurious bedrooms and suites, nine of which are situated in the original Georgian house, and the remainder located in the new wing of the hotel. All rooms have been individually designed and decorated to an exceptional standard, giving a classically luxurious edge, with stunning views of the gardens, valleys and countryside. Each room is fully equipped to ensure maximum comfort during your stay. AWARDS Voted – Best Wedding Venue in Northern Ireland – Reader Awards 2016 Voted – Best Spa in Northern Ireland – Ulster Tattler Awards 2016 Voted – Best Hotel Restaurant in Ulster – Yes Chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Country House Dining Experience in Ireland – Yes chef Awards 2016 Voted – Best Dessert Chef in Ireland – Irish Hotel Federation 2016 Voted – Best Customer Service - in Northern Ireland - Women In Business N.I 2016 Voted - Best Hotel Restaurant in Tyrone by Irish Restaurant Awards 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Corick House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corick House Hotel Clogher
- Corick Hotel Clogher
- Corick House & Spa Clogher, County Tyrone