“Overall a great hotel with a few minor faults”
Review of Corick House & Spa

and 1 more site!
Corick House & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clogher
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as a weekend getaway as we were at a wedding in Parkanaur. The hotel is set in a great location, far away from the main road, it's really peaceful and quiet. We got an offer for 2 nights bed and breakfast with a 4 course meal included for one evening. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which were very spacious and modern. Most importantly it was very clean. The bathroom had enough room for a double bed and was bright and airy with everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The tv remote did not work in the room and we had to get it replaced. There were marks up the wall beside the bed and the handle was coming loose on the bathroom door, and the thermostat didn't appear to work, we had it as low as it would go but the room was still quite warm (but this is just me just nit-picking).

There was supposed to be free wifi in the room but we couldn't connect using our phone. We were in the rooms furthest room away from the main reception (that could possibly make a difference).

For the evening meal, we both had the caesar salad for starter, I then had the escalope of chicken tower (the chicken was lovely and the portion size was just right). My wife had the pork belly (said there was a lot of fat on it which she doesn't like but other than that it tasted great). The presentation of the food was excellent. for dessert I had the chocolate fudge cake with ice cream and my wife had the eton mess with ice-cream. Both were delicious and not overly small. A nice touch was the ice cream coming in a dark chocolate cup. For our fourth course we decided to get a green tea each, but to our surprise we ended up paying for it in our bill but since it was only £4.40 and my wife does not appreciate me complaining I decided to leave it. There was a female member of staff bringing our food, who was a real credit to the hotel, friendly, pleasant and always checking if we were ok and if we needed anything. If only there wore name tags and I could thank her on here by name.

The hotel had a wedding on both nights we stayed there which meant the car park was packed to the gills with staff cars as well as guest cars. We did struggle to get parked both nights with some people choosing to abandon their cars. On the plus side, we could not hear the wedding even during our evening meal which was fantastic as we were able to enjoy each others company without the noise associated with weddings.

Overal it was a great stay, albeit with a few minor issues but none that ruined the stay and I would definitely stay in Corick House again. I never got to use the spa so I don't know what it was like.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
corick house ho... b, Manager at Corick House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good Afternoon Michael M
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor on your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time and we appreciate your feddback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family and I went to Corick house for a meal last Sunday - there were 10 of us. This was the first time I had been there but I have to say it was a fantastic experience. My grandmother uses a walker and the staff took pains to ensure she was comfortable and had plenty of room at all times. Although there was some kind of function taking place the staff were attentive and professional and our food was absolutely delicious. I have not stayed there before but we were able to have a look around the spa which has recently been renovated and it looked very inviting. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be back to the spa at some point as it looks amazing, not to mention very reasonably priced.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaHurst

Good Evening lisaHurst
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor and such a wonderful review greatly appreciated. We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My sister and her husband were married here in July and the venue was exceptionally beautiful. The meal was lovely and the whole venue has great character and history. We stayed over and the rooms are finished off to a high standard. You get a really big bathroom and shower. Very luxurious . Friends used the spa and rated it also.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank funkeeslave

Good Afternoon funkeeslave
Thank-youi for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor.
We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. we also appreciate your comments on your recent family wedding here at the hotel very pleasing to read and will be passed unto the team. We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.
KInd Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

There was an initial hiccup of not being able to get through to the spa to book our treatments for our package, that was soon resolved and we looked forward to our stay.
The room was beautiful, very spacious and clean. We couldn't get over the large bathroom either.
The spa facilities are amazing, we had the thermal spa to ourselves and could have stayed all day. As part of our Le spa package we got a neck, back and shoulder massage which was great!
Food was out of this world.. generous portions with much flavour also.
Our whole stay was so relaxing and we are already looking forward to book for our anniversary in December. Will be recommending Corick house to everyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cee1234

Good Afternoon cee1234
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor. We appreciate all your kind comments on food, accommodation and spa. We look forward to welcoming you back in december, please let us know and we can organize a little treat for your anniversary.
Kind regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently was organising a Day Trip for a Local Welfare Group and selected the Corick House Hotel as a planned stop for our evening meal. With a group of 50 people of a certain age meals to suit everyone can be problematic but from my initial enquiry I had nothing but the fullest cooperation regarding the menu and the individual requests. Many hotels tend to look down or just tolerate Coach Tours with little variety in the choices of food and small portions. This was most certainly not the case with Corick House. All dietary requirements were covered, the quality of food was excellent and if you left the table hungry then it was your own fault. The service by the dining staff was first class and in no way did any of us feel second class. The Hotel grounds and the premises were in pristine condition. I obviously cannot comment myself on the Weddings booked in the Hotel but judging by the number of Thank You cards from Brides and their families they too must have been well impressed by their treatment. It was a pleasure to dine there and I would have no hesitation in recommending this family run business (Corick House Hotel) to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank John H
corick house ho... b, Manager at Corick House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Good Evening John H
Thank-you for posting a review on trip-advisor.
We much appreciate your kind comments on your recent dining experience here at the hotel, I will pass them unto the team. We also thank-you for you comment pristine grounds,the maintence and landscape team will be delighted. We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I came to tthe Corick house hotel for a 3 day break it is fantastic view from my room looking out over the clogher valley staff are really nice nothing to much trouble young lady even took my case to my room for me I have tried there bar early bird menu just one problem you get to much to eat beautiful gardens was an old house has been much extended well worth giving it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view I just got lucky beautiful view of the Clogher valley out of my window th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David M

Good Evening Dave M
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review on Trip-advisor beautiful place.
I'm pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us from service, meals and accomodation. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Although this is a lovely House set in lovely gardens I and a lot more of the guest seemed to feel the same. We were over charged and the room rate seemed to change willy nilly. We were quoted one price and charged another. I booked a family room but we had to pay £20 extra for each of our children so the £139 quoted rose to £169 for B&B. Quite annoying when they asked me and knew how many children but still quoted wrong price. So my 8 year old ate 1 piece of toast for breakfast and it cost me £20. The staff seemed frazelled when the guests arrived for breakfast at the last minute which is again normal considering they weren't long in bed. We also figured out that if you didn't book out by 11 a sur charge was added every hour so all the guests quickly told each other again making it feel very them and us kinda thing. The reception was lovely and although everything was good it just seemed like no one was in charge we had children at our table and asked for extra bread 4 times over 3/4 of an hour later we finally got 4 pieces with the dinner. There were more bar staff working than was needed which I've never seen before but they were chatting constantly and you felt like you were interrupting them to get a drink again no management. Some of the staff were very good and attentive but I felt that there needed to be someone to crack the whip to keep them all focused. The food was good, ok, normal nothing to write home about. I feel with the right management this could be a fantastic venue staff didn't seem confident at all. Oh nearly forgot room although bigish had only 3 half empty rolls of toilet tissue which with 5 in the room 3 of them kids was gone in no time to the husbands detriment lol and when speaking to other guests they all had the same complaint. No apology was given when I told reception and when I asked about difference in quoted price it was mearly shrugged of and they seemed to think they deserved this price. Unfortunately my husband had already paid for the room and had not realised the difference in price. Overall we had a lovely day with family but would never recommend Corick house as a venue for anything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank calmal1

Good Evening Calmal 1
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip-advisor.
Its pleasing to read that overall you had a lovely family day at the hotel. Its disappointing however that your overall experience was unsatisfactory and accept my apologies. Customer service is very important to us, as your room reservation was booked on behalf of your family we are unaware if the correct price was stated unto you. I have taken all your comments and discussed with relevant departments. We would like the opportuniity to welcome you back.
Joanne Beacom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clogher
The Valley Hotel
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
The Enniskillen Hotel
The Enniskillen Hotel
#5 of 6 in Enniskillen

Been to Corick House & Spa? Share your experiences!