“intimate family owed winery”
Review of Donnardea

Donnardea
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Ardea
More attraction details
Owner description: You are always welcome at Donnardea's!!! Come to visit us, discovering our work and everyday life: you'll visit the vineyards and our cellar guided by Donna Adriana. You'll uncover all the passion we spend after the wines, from grape harvesting to bottling and beyond...BOOK YOUR NEXT WINE TOUR WITH US! Drop us an email...
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am not really into visiting wineries, but this was part of the day excursion my sister had planned.
I was pleasantly surprised. we were met by Adriana, which is one of the owners. she gave us a very informative tour through the vineyards and we could feel her passion and love of her land.
that's what stood out most to me and made the visit so special
after the tour, she had prepared lovely light snacks and we had a wine tasting. we also met the family dog which was adorable.
we felt very much at home and welcome.
it was a wonderful ending to a busy day.
make it a point to spend a few hours here when you are in rome

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This really is a peaceful spot between the city and the sea. The owner showed us around the vineyard explaining the history of place, how her family run it, her daughters help out and her grandchildren.We met the family pets, the adorable donkey and her foal, the horses , dogs and hundreds of goats! We tasted a variety of wines, I especially liked the Bombino white and the Syrah red. The owner was incredibly freindly and made us feel at home.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I've been many times to Rome and always went to the most 'touristic' places which are a MUST for Rome but becoming TOO touristic. This time I've decided to visit the outskirts of Rome and it is here that I met the best of Rome. Donnardea visit was the best attraction I could have made. We were greeted by the family/owners themselves and spend three hours on their beautiful land. This is the Rome you see at the cinema. Don't miss this excursion. It is worth every cent. Exquisite food and very informative.

4  Thank JPAttard
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Family-owned and operated, the Donnardea winery provided the intimate and informative experience I was looking for, complete with wine tastings and light lunch. Veronica was incredibly accomodating, and helped me plan the perfect 2 hour getaway....Regardless of your time and budget restrictions, I am sure she will help you find the Italian vineyard experience you seek. I could not be happier! Thanks again Veronica!

3  Thank aborgen
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Really, this place it's close to the paradise as you can get!
The host were very warm and friendly, and they made us instantly feel at home.
the location and the vineyards with simply breathtaking.
I strongly recommand a visit to this wonderfull place, a guarantee that it will be a memorable experience.
Louise from Canada