“Good overnight stop”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stop”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked a standard studio unit specifying we needed wheelchair access but the first unit we were offered had a couple of steps required to access it so we asked to be switched to the next door unit which only had one low step which was quickly achieved.

Room was comfortable and fairly cheap compared to others in NZ. We ate at the nearby pub.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Clean well appointed homes, excellent friendly staff and a great view. Amazingly the hot and cold water mixed prior to exiting the taps and for the first time in a long time, one of the light switches had a 'dimmer'. I had a pleasant stay in Havelock and the motel was a large part of this wonderful experience. Thanks once again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
HavelockMotel, Owner at Havelock Motel and Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi Jo, We are glad you had such a great time with us, I hope you got to enjoy the heated pool and hot tub as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to New Zealand maybe with your wife as well. All the best on the rest of your travels around this beautiful country.
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This motel and motor lodge is the best in the south. The staff are efficient and very friendly the rooms have always been spotless and now they have this fantastic new pool complex. Heated large swimming pool, relaxation pool and cedar hot tub! I spent my rare down time beside the pool enjoying my surroundings.

It is very responsible priced and they now offer a wide range of packages so you can enjoy the beautiful area as well.

Highly recommended..

Room Tip: The new units have great marina views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maria W
Hi Maria
We are really glad you had such an enjoyable time with us at The Havelock Motels and Motor Lodge. The New Pool is a great place to unwind and relax. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Havelock.
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at Havelock Motel with our 2 children. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a 2 bedroom room which was terrific with the children. The room was very clean and spacious and nice and handy to the shops and marina. The new pool/spa area is absolutely amazing. We could of spent all day just lazing around there! Highly recommend. We look forward to our next trip back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was by pure chance that I stopped in Havelock just before Christmas and this hotel had space for me. If you like to take a break from driving (I'd been trying to fit too much into my holiday) and relax with water, then this is your place. My room had a good sized (and very new looking) spa bath. I got a bottle of wine with my stay and the two went together really well! There is also a really nice pool. It's heated which is good. I was so relaxed floating on my back watching the sky that a staff member checked to make sure I was okay! There's a wooden hot tub near the pool but I didn't have a chance to try it. If I ever pass through that way again, I'll give it a go! It was nice to have friendly staff (there is a Scottish (I think?) lady there who was hilarious!) who were happy to chat (and share baked goods :-)).

• Stayed December 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Had the best fun with our 3 kids after a long day, swimming and playing in the gorgeous new pool at these motels. The area has been well thought out and looks great. Would recommend for a family. Nice evening stroll around the marina too on a lovely evening.

Stayed January 2014
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great motel, Room was really clean.

We stayed for a couple of nights, and we just loved the pool area - just beautiful, as were the grounds above!

Staff were really friendly and helpful!

Havelock is a lovely little place, and I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
Bay Vista Waterfront Motel
#4 of 8 in Havelock
Te Rawa Resort
Te Rawa Resort
#5 of 5 in Havelock

Been to Havelock Motel and Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!