We traveled to Palm Island from 27 Oct to 4 Nov, 2011. If you are looking for a romantic "couples" vacation this is the spot. I am American and have traveled to all corners of the world for both business and pleasure and this place is simply perfection. I read every review on this island in tripadvisor and in all of them i can say the negatives are overstated and the positives are understated. I will say the resort is not for elderly and kids ( they only allow kids certain times of the year). We reserved a Island Loft and requested a beachfront which we did not get, so they upgraded us tot the sea grapes suites which are very nice and incredibly large. The shower is huge double heads, the tub is large enough for 4 people, not that we tried that. It was the best sleep! To say the island is beautiful just is not enough, Its majestic. The water is Perfect, Clear, Warm, and the snorkeling is fantastic right off the beach front lofts.
The staff is like an old friend. They are top shelf, period. Chris the GM was off the Island for several days when we first arrived. The Ladies Sandrina, Joneil, Cordelia, Monica, Nair, and Olive took better care of us than I have the ability to put into words. The guys Anthony, Dexter,Luke(These guys are fantastic) Kenneth, Kevin, and Clayton are a hoot and make everything you want a pleasure for you. I cant say enough about the staff they are the best. They new our first names on arrival and like others have said we didn't check in until we had breakfast and unpacked the next morning. The staff never made us feel like we had to rush or that anything we asked was an imposition not 1%. The food was better than excellent every time breakfast, lunch and dinner. The portions are small for a big eater but i just asked for seconds and they were like no problem. The birds were a non issue. Got about 5 bug bites and i didn't use the provided repellent. If you like golf and your a bit anal about it go somewhere else. analogy: it's like going snow skiing in North Carolina and complaining its not Colorado. With the Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Sailing, Beaches, Off Island excursions who needs Golf. This resort is in a off the map location but why go to Fiji when you can go here I have been to both and the Natural attractions and beauty of this place is every bit as good and it does not take 2 day to get their. WE LOVED IT! WE WILL GO BACK! and soon is too long from now. The only thing I can say negative is that its not easy to get to but if it was it wouldn't be what it is. We stayed on Palm Island with 16 other people the entire week. FYI Nov starts the high season and the guest count goes up to full capacity ( About 80 total). Southern Cross Villa is like something out of a Richard Branson wet dream. It does not get any better than that!
Go and you will not be disappointed instead you will be amazed at how a place like this can still exist on this planet. The staff is gracious and I miss them as much as I miss anything. If You go say hey to Anthony and ask him about his Basketball exploits, He is great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island