We stayed at Palm Island for our third time from Sept. 20-27, 2012. This resort is one of the few places that we love to return! The extra effort to get to this wonderful island is definitely worth it! Most of the other reviews give you a pretty good idea about this all inclusive resort. Here are some thoughts from our experience.
We feel it is very important to go to Palm Island for the right reasons. A fellow guest described his stay as an "exercise in stillness." If you want to shop or party stay in Barbados or Jamaica! There were only about 50 guests (max is 100). Never fight for a beach chair or a beach (just walk to the other side of the island and there won't be a soul!) The snorkeling excursions on the Pink Lady or the Yannis are great day trips.
The food is good quality with a Caribbean flair. Chef Baka is wonderful. Do not miss his cooking demonstration on Wednesdays! Kenneth at the bar will keep the drinks flowing and you laughing! Chris, the current manager, has done a great job over the past three years with attention to detail and improvements to the property. Remember, this is the Caribbean not the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills so don't expect Egyptian cotton linens or Italian marble baths but the accomodations are just fine and within steps of the ocean.
IMPORTANT PACKING TIP: Pay close attention to the weight and baggage limits for your interisland flight. We have never had our luggage weighed on the way down. However, on your return flight, the Union Island staff are very strict about weight and will charge you a $50 overweight fee at the drop of a hat.
Also, be sure to pack a few clothes and swimsuit in your carry on bags as there were several guests who's checked bags did not make it from the main flight in time and arrived on the next day's flight.
We hope to return to Palm Island again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island