“Wonderful, Wonderful”

Palm Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Union Island
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and went to our local travel agent to find a place to go that we could celebrate our anniversary that would be quite and relaxing. Palm Island Resort was one of her recommendations and we were definitely not at all disappointed. It was truly Wonderful!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Even before I had left the airport in Barbados for my connecting flight to Union Island, and short boat ride to Palm Island, I knew I would want to come back to the resort. When we docked it only got better.
On arrival at Palm Island we were greeted with dockside welcome rum punch drinks then led to one of the restaurants for lunch. Luke, the barman, greeted me and asked how I was enjoying my first moments on Palm Island. I was enjoying it very much I replied.
After a nice lunch we were escorted to our Loft - room #43 - which looked out onto the islands of Tobago Cays, Myreau and Canoun. This Loft (#43 remember it and ask for it or #44 - the one next to it) was set aside and felt completely private with your own little beach right in front of the deck, nothing obstructing your view of the little islands in front of you, the waves lapping at your door steps.
There is no Wi-Fi or TVs or phones in the rooms. You'll be forced to read a book or have a conversation with your partner. But if you must get pulled back into your reality for a bit, Wi-Fi is available at Reception or the Library.
NOTE On Lofts: #43 is located in a secluded area right on the beach; therefore you get the constant sound of the surf right outside your door. There are other lofts available that are set back a bit from the beach with a view of the ocean and these would be quieter (lofts 41 or 42).
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We made use of the spa and the fabulous pool. There are even bikes that guests can use to ride around the resort and tour the island. The Manager’s cocktail party and BBQ was a highlight of our visit, it was fun to mingle with the other guests at the resort. The barbequed lobster was amazing. We met some people who have been going to Palm Island for years, so that says a lot. This was one of the best all-inclusive resorts I’ve ever been. I would definitely like to return sometime soon!

Room Tip: Lofts 43 or 44 are great, right on a secluded beach, lofts 41 or 42 are set back a bit in the garden...
2  Thank Islandgirlep
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Best service we have ever experienced. Everyone was friendly, helpful and genuinely wanted to make sure our holiday was worry free and enjoyable. Getting there was easy as a Palm Island rep meets you in Barbados and takes care of everything. You don't even touch or see your luggage until it magically appears in you room on the island.

We stayed in a beachfront room and fell asleep to the sound of the waves. The room was nicely decorated with colorful paintings from the local artist. It even had a comfortable mattress which was a pleasant surprise.

The staff and grounds keepers kept the grounds immaculate. Everyday they were raking leaves and sweeping walkways with a smile on their faces. Even mother nature seemed to help as I did not notice any seaweed wash up on any of the 5 beaches..

The snorkeling was amazing... However when you go be sure to bring an underwater camera.

Special thanks to Shaquille, Kevin and Anthony for making our week fun. And be sure to try Margaret's lime drink at the sunset bar.

Unfortunately this place and the staff have ruined us from going anywhere else on vacation. I hope nothing ever changes with this resort. We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Beachfront room 9-19
2  Thank VacationTimeAgain000
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at many places around the world but I have to say there is something very special about Palm Island. The staff immediately make you feel like part of the family and are always on hand to assist in any way they can. I was blown away each night by the exceptional desserts. I cannot recommend highly enough the banana bread - do not leave without trying (several times if possible!!). Overall, truly magical place and I can honestly say I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Akushla123
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a great time. Friendly staff and amazing place, Excellent place to celebrate your birthday and our wedding anniversary. I just don't know what to say....We will be back again.
Beautiful beaches and great foods. We like chatting with the other guest and enjoying our Rum punch. We stayed for 10 nights and its worth it....My husband and I highly recommend Palm Island Resort...beautiful beaches and friendly staff...Amazing experience

2  Thank Rachel
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very relaxing week at Palm Island to recharge the batteries after a long winter. Stayed in an Island Loft room - very large separate chalet. Very good food and very attentive staff. Other guests were also delightful. Fantastic week overall.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Where do I begin? Palm Island Resort was everything we wanted and then some. The staff was not only professional, but they gave a true sense that you are welcomed. The Sea Feather house was perfect. They always wanted to know how they could make our stay better. We loved the fact that because of the greenhouses on the island we always had fresh vegetables, and it was readily apparent. Margaret, Anthony, and Albert were some of the standout employees who truly made you feel special throughout your time on their island. The excursions were top-shelf, and the entertainment in the bar area was great. The question is not "if", but "when" will we return.

Room Tip: If you travel with another couple rent the Sea Feather!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear djacobs79.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at Palm Island. We are thrilled that we could share our "piece of paradise" with you and that you had a sun-filled memorable vacation.

Palm Island is one of the most unique experiences in the Caribbean. We look fowrad to welcoming you back very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union Island
Kings Landing Hotel
Kings Landing Hotel
#1 of 2 in Clifton
Canouan Estate Villas & Residences

Been to Palm Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!