We just returned from Palm Island. We had an amazing vacation. As many have mentioned, it is quite a venture to get there, but more than worth it when you do. The folks at Palm do a great job of making sure all of your island connections are taken care of and are very easy. For those of you that might a little concerned about the small plane, don't be. Ours was actually much smoother than our flights in and out of Barbados. The short 5 minute boat ride was also smooth and easy. We've done this sort of connection in Belize with much rougher water. The Palm ferry was quick, easy, and smooth.
We were met at the dock with a welcome drink by several members of the staff. They immediately showed us to our room and told us not to worry about checking in formally until the next day. We relaxed a little and then went to dinner. Speaking of meals - every meal we had, without exception was wonderful. Chef Baca and his staff do an amazing job. Even though there only a couple of restaurants, he does a great job of changing up the menus and always providing yummy specials. We never got tired of our options. Our meals were always incredibly fresh tasting - lots of local fish and seafood options as well as plenty of other items to choose from.
We are the type to really relax on vacation, so Palm Island was perfect for us. After breakfast, we typically went to the beach and soaked up some rays and views. Our weather was really nice and I couldn't help just looking out at the amazing views. From the beach, you can see several of the local islands. The water is beautifully turquoise and clear. There are plenty of options for those of you that like to be adventurous such as snorkeling and sailing, bicycle riding, walking the trails around the island, or taking a trip inland or to another island. We contemplated some of these, but opted to just relax on the island.
We had lunch each day at the Sunset Grill. There is a little table there just on the edge of the beach with the most amazing views and a nice breeze from the water. This was "our spot" for lunch every day. I already miss it!
We were also very pleased with how friendly and helpful all of the staff were. They learned our names immediately and the bar tenders learned our favorite drinks right away as well. The new manager, Katie, is doing a great job and stopped to chat with us several times. We were greeted each day by Anthony. He never failed to come over and check on how we were and made sure we were having a great day.
We stayed in one of the Sea Grapes Suites. Our room was quite large and well appointed. Our suite had a huge bathroom with double showers and vanities. The room also had a dinette type table and chairs that was perfect for playing cards, etc. and there was also a living area with a couch and chairs. We were more than comfortable in our room.
Until you go - which you must - these shout outs to some of the amazing staff might not mean so much, but I want to say a huge thanks to these folks for making our stay amazing and memorable: Margaret, Nia, Kendol, Johnny, Kashi, Luke, Olive, Katie, Sandrina, Chef Baca, and Anthony. I hesitate to even mention names because there were so many others that were amazing as well. Every person we encountered greeted us with a smile and did a great job. It's not everywhere that this is the case. You can tell that these folks really enjoy their jobs and want to make sure you are enjoying your vacation.
We did have one little negative. The main bar ran out of Absolut vodka three different times while we were there. We love having a martini or two before dinner and maybe even after. Once we brought this to Katie's attention, it was promptly taken care of.
We will definitely return. We will start counting the days down until we can go back. We can't wait to get back to being on "island time". Thanks again to all who made our week so special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island