“Absolute Paradise!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Union Island
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Absolute Paradise!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you visit Palm Island you will truly discover paradise! My new husband and I have just returned from an amazing fortnight on this fantastic island where we stayed at the Southern Cross Villa. This is located on the bluff and is completely isolated from the rest of the accommodations - which is just what we wanted. The villa is wonderful and has it's own infinity pool, full kitchen (with the all important ice maker) and is perfect if you're looking for peace and quiet and an intimate time together.
We took advantage of the wedding package offered by the island and thanks to the hard work and commitment of Madonna (the wedding planner), Katie (the general manager) and Kimeon (who took our amazing photographs) we had the wedding of our dreams! You can choose anywhere you like on the island for the ceremony so we decided to marry on the beach by the villa, which the staff decorated wonderfully for us. It was exactly what we had dreamed of and was a very special day.

Overall, this idyllic island, with fantastic staff, food and attention to detail at every turn, exceeded all of our expectations and we can't wait to go back again.

Steve & Michele Locke

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

8 Thank Steven L
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Steven L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay and wedding with us at Palm Island. We are thrilled that we could create incredible memories fo you for this very special occasion.

We look forward to celebrating many happy anniversaries with you and welcoming you back for your slice of paradise!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a magical week at this charming small resort, and because we visited in June, 90% of the guests were honeymooners. Upon your arrival at this idyllic private island by a five minute boat ride from nearby Union Island, you are greeted by several staff members at the dock with a cool rum punch and a warm welcome. This initial personal touch is the hallmark of a week wherein all the staff will continue to provide you with warm and sincere personal touches throughout, including everyone calling you by your name. The reason I mention this is that you will feel like a part of their family, as you will also come to know them by their names, including chef Baka, bartenders Jonny, Kendall and Luke, department managers Grafton, Kyle and Anthony; Albert, Thaddeus, Dillon and Bert of boat services, office manager Cordelia, housekeeping services manager Sandrina, and food servers Margaret, Noreen, Olive plus many others (you get the idea). They all have pride in their work, this island and their country, and display their hospitality while providing exceptional service. The general manager of the resort is Katie Rosiak, who in addition to being ubiquitous on the property, is enthusiastic, energetic and thoroughly enjoyable, and will make every effort to ensure your vacation is perfect. Of course, the island itself is beautiful, with warm clear water and lots of fish to see when snorkeling in the house reefs located on five beaches, and the accommodations and food are both exceptional.

If you do not have a great time here, it will be your own fault!!

9 Thank stephen g
Laguna niguel
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The grenadine waters are some of the most beautiful in the world!!!!!! Then this tiny private island boasts five of the most beautiful snoring beaches and the surrounding islands that you can visit offer even more beautiful snorkling(with turtles!!!!) However I think it is the staff that makes this paradise even more special, what loving caring beautiful people !!!!!!!!! They are my new friends and will be in my heart forever!!!!!! Thank you palm for the most special birthday ever!!!!!!! I love you !!!!!!!! I'll be back soon!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Amyglagunaniguel
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Where do I begin. We went to Palm Island for our honeymoon and it was the perfect place for relaxation without all the hustle and bustle. The staff helped make our vacation enjoyable we loved everyone on the island. Everyone was so accommadating. The food was superb and Chef Baka would come out and say hello to you to make sure you were enjoying your meals. We loved the fact that you could either go and take a nap or go and enjoy the beautiful island. we felt that everything was at our fingertip. We felt like it was our personal island because if you wanted to be around people you could or you can just go and be alone.
The water was beautiful. We would swim on the different beaches and the fish were everywhere. I miss the Island already and can't wait to go back again. It was the first vacation the I can say I feel rested and wonderful upon returning home.

6 Thank ewinserrn
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I dont even know where to start with this stunning island - it really is out of this world amazing.
As soon as you set foot off the boat onto this island the whole experience is truly sensational.
The staff were absolutley awesome, I really cant explain how friendly and how passionate they are, they get to know you by name, and make everything personal. The maids to the waitresses, to the bar staff to the manager katie, everyone helps makes this little island truly perfect, and it shows in the happy and passionate staff.
The food - wow, there is so much choice, and it really is amazing, I highly recommend the sunset bar for lunch and the seafood pasta - it was great!!! You cannot beat ordering from a menu which is exactly what you do every meal time including breakfast !! (Highly recommend the eggs benedict too)
The All inclusive package is also sensational, a great selection of drinks, nothing too much trouble, a great cocktail list - fantastic barmen which will whip you up anything you desire.

This island really has the chill factor, I dont think ive ever relaxed so much in 24 hours, it simplicity, its peacefulness you just cannot beat it.

The activites available are utterly awesome non motorised watersports, cycling just so much to keep you busy if you wish! We cycled around the entire island in less than hour, with stop offs at each of the islands stunning 5 beaches.

The rooms, well the rooms where can I begin - They are amazing. I was lucky enough to stay in a loft suite, which I highly recommend, very spacious, with his and hers sinks, a stand up shower and a bath. Huge king size bed which is actually one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in!! The verandah on these room types are stunning, 2 sunloungers and a table and chairs looking out towards the ocean it doesnt get much better than this.
I also got to see a seafeather villa - WOW is the only word to describe it, if you can do it book it, its amazing.
The beachfront rooms are so gorgeous too, they are really unique and are pretty much on the beach, all single storey aswell, which is a really added advantage as you have your own little patio area.
I felt all the rooms were gorgeous, and so well looked after.

I would return in a heartbeat to this magical island - I still talk about it wth so much passion and will do for years to come - Its just completley and utterly awesome!!

Room Tip: Go for a loft suite or a beachfront room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank xLenaLoux
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a fantastic time on Palm Island. The chef was particularly accomodating to special dietary requirements and the food was delicious - so nice to order from a menu rather than have a buffet. Relaxing atmosphere and comfortable rooms. Especially enjoyed being greeted by the manager and key members of staff as we got off the boat and the fresh pineapple lollies and cool towels that were offered by staff when I was on the beach. It was so much fun getting to Palm Island by taking a light aircraft from Barbados and then being transferred to the boat by Golf buggy. I'd like to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

10 Thank Traveller102307
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Returned from the island this week. If your looking for a place to chill out look no further. Peaceful and quiet is what this place is all about. Great staff and very nice accomodations. The island is very small and you can walk around it in 1 hour. Check out each side with the small beaches and beautiful water.
Upon arrival we did not get assigned the island loft we wanted so we opted to take the "Sea Feathers" house. Wow Privacy Plus! Really!
Nobody walked by for three days so you can pretty much do what you like:) It was worth the extra money. I wasn't crazy about the upcharge but what the hell, you can enjoy it even more. BTW stocked bar came with it, golf cart and great maid service everyday. As I said the staff was great and the manager was the best. ( Happy now Katie::)).
The only suggestion I have for them is to improve the food. It was good but not great. Maybe an omlette station for breakfast would be nice. Definitely get the fresh fish at lunch. Dinners were decent. One night was fair and the next was great.
We did take the catamaran trip one day. Nice cruise but the spots for snorkeling were so-so. Been snorkeling many places and this was not high on the list.

Room Tip: If you can swing it go for either of the houses.
2 Thank Marcopolofl6
Kings Landing Hotel
Kings Landing Hotel
#1 of 2 in Clifton
Canouan Estate Villas & Residences

Been to Palm Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!