Palm Island Resort & Spa
Kings Landing Hotel(Clifton)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$60
  • Restaurant
David's Beach Hotel(Union Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,441 results
All reviewspink ladytobago cayspalm island resortrum punchother guestsbeachfront roomsunset grillmain beachsand fliesfishour honeymoonthe general managerbug spraychef bakaall inclusive resortday tripst lucia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2009

My wife and I stayed on Palm Island for 7 nights for our honeymoon. We arrived around 6:30pm on a Monday evening. The transfers were handled with class and ease at Barbados and Union Island with the help of representatives from Palm Island. After the short boat ride from Union Island we were greeted at the dock by the staff and an offering of rum punch. We were taken to our room by a staff member, and our bags arrived shortly after. All in all, a GREAT first impression. We had reserved room #15 which was a quaint little beachfront bungalow, sufficiently appointed with a bed, two nightstands, two chairs with a small table, a wet bar, and a bathroom with a shower. It was all we needed and we looked forward to our stay. Unfortunately the other traveler reviews were correct…the air conditioners in the room are borderline worthless, not due to the air conditioner, but due to the fact that there are no windows in the room! Only operable wooden louvers and insect screens! Now granted it was October, and it was HOT and HUMID, but we were only able to get the inside temperature down to 82 degrees…not acceptable to us. We spent the first night of our honeymoon at separate ends of the bed because it was too hot to be near each other. The next morning, we noticed that they were installing windows and legitimate air conditioners in some of the beachfront rooms. We inquired as to when they would be ready…which we found out would be three to four weeks later. No luck. BUT, in order to accommodate us, the staff went above and beyond and got us into one of the new sea grape suites which are fully enclosed and air conditioned. That made our honeymoon…we would have had a miserable stay in the previous room. Once the air conditioning conversion is complete, ANY room on the island would be a good room.

The staff at Palm Island could not be a more accommodating, pleasant, helpful group of people. They are all wonderful and made our stay memorable.

I can honestly say that I have never had an easier, more relaxing vacation in my life. As long as the A/C is complete, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gregstrick9
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My husband and I recently returned from 16 nights on Palm Island having had the most wonderful and relaxing holiday ever. The island is beautiful, and all the staff are wonderful.

As you get off the boat which takes you from Union Island over to Palm Island (10 minutes) you are met by the Managers Jean Francois and Nicola. As managers they go the extra mile to ensure all guests are having a fabulous time and spend time each night talking to everyone before dinner to ensure everything is fine and needs are met. During our holiday it was my birthday, our anniversary and my husbands 40th birthday and the management and staff made sure that these celebrations were given special attention and made memorable events.

The island is truly beautiful and well maintained by Tash and his team. With five picturesque, quiet beaches, nature trails, small golf course, swimming pool, bicycles, water sports there was something different to do each day. There is also a television room with a PC for internet use (free) a well stocked library, pool table, table tennis room and an air conditioned Gym. We also made a few visits to the small spa for massages which added to the relaxation.

We stayed in a Palm view room which was comfortable, a good size and we had a well stocked fridge which was restocked every day if needed (included in the price). The only criticism was the lightning needs to be improved and the air conditioning units are not very effective.

Around the island there are plenty of iguanas, small lizards and the occasional land turtle. There were also sea turtles coming up on the beaches to lay their eggs on a few evenings as well as turtles hatching but we weren’t fortunate to witness these events, but we did see some of the other guests photos. There are also plenty of different birds to see. A positive thing is that there are no snakes, spiders or anything to harm you other than mosquitoes and sand flies. The sea around the island is the most beautiful turquoise colour. A must is a trip to the Tobago Cays with Captain Yanis, where we had the opportunity to snorkel with turtles for 30 minutes and visit some of the neighbouring islands. I would also recommend having a go on the hobicat with one of the instructors, an excellent hours sailing around the island.

The food was excellent, good quality and well presented. All of the staff serving make sure to remember your names and are very attentive to your requests. Special thanks to Grafton, Roxy, Carla, Olive and Marcie.
On our anniversary we booked dinner at the Heart tree which was a memorable evening with the table decorated beautifully by Grafton, spelling our names and celebration. I would definitely recommend you try this.

On my husbands birthday we booked a picnic lunch at Hammock number three. There are four covered hammocks and picnic tables and lunch gets brought to you in a picnic basket with a cooler box full of drinks of your choice. We chose our food the day before, and it was delivered by golf buggy and set up on the table ready for you. Apart from Antonio sweeping the beach around the hammock to make sure it was clean for us, we didn’t see anyone else for the whole afternoon. We ate our food and sat sipping our drinks watching the waves, the yachts and the odd shower passing by. It was truly relaxing.

The bars are well stocked with local beer and premium branded spirits and the service by Colbert and Johnny is as good as anywhere in the world. We spent many evenings talking for hours with Colbert who told us everything about St Vincent and the Grenadines islands and taught us a lot about the local rum. We also talked about his journeys when he worked on board cruise ships and he told us how some evenings after closing the bar he sits on the jetty catching fish. He’s a top bloke who’ll make your holiday.

As the memories of such a wonderful holiday are flooding back I think it’s only a matter of time before we book to return to our paradise in the Grenadines. We feel as if the management and staff are family that we want to visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank coedffranc
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Where can I begin?
We have just returned from a perfect holiday,words cannot describe how perfect this place is,just thinking about the place tugs at the heart.
If you are looking for quality time with someone you adore,you love flora and fauna,the sound of the waves,in a perfect aqua blue sea, whilst being looked after by genuine friendly and fun people who really do want to provide quality service then palm island is the perfect place.
The accomodations carefully situated to your needs,whether beachfront or set slightly back in the gardens, exceptionally well serviced inside and out.
From front of house staff to maids and gardeners each and everyone you will meet has a warm smile and cheerful hello, anything you may need is accomodated without any trouble and people anticpate your needs before you need them.
The food was local fresh, and various in choice, and service always attentive and exacting.
The drinks as wide and as varied as you require, served by charming friendly bar tenders.
There is much to explore and experience on palm island, the pristine beach, the aqua blue sea, somedays so clear it was breathtaking, a walk along the pier at night to see the stingrays and other sea life creatures.
On land, Iguanas and lizards basking up a palm or in the sun, land turtles,birds,crabs in their own natural habitat.
On the Atlantic side of the Island, fish and sealife in abundance,rocky outcrops, nature trails,hammocks swaying in the breeze, on foot or by bicycle, every day you will experience something new if you stop to look for a little while.
We experienced baby leatherback turltes hatching one evening and a female turtle laying another,things we could have only imagined to be lucky enough to experience.
The excursion to Tobago Cays to swim with the turtles was fantastic visiting other islands on the way, Captain Yannis catamaran was a excellent way to travel with fantastic carribean food cooked on board for lunch by attentive and experienced crew.
If you want to go on a boat trip with others for fun then great, if you want solitude then charter the boat for yourself you will not be disappointed.
If you want to show off your catch of the day cooked for your own table then go sea fishing,I can still see hear the conversations around the bar about how big the catch was!
The water sports instructors are superb and will take you for a hobie sail however calm or exciting you would like it.
You felt most days like you owned your own paradise, if you want company wait until the evening when for a while you can chat and laugh over cocktails whilst waiting to dine in a beautiful setting, light music playing in the background.
Entertainment was low key and tasteful, local artists and steel bands on a couple of evenings per week.
I could go on and on about this place it feels like home and is a very special place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
9  Thank thomasfry
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We had the most fabulous, romantic, private, relaxing honeymoon anyone could ask for!!! We cant wait to go back!!!

All of the flights and connections went smoothly. FYI- On the transfer to Union Island you must pay for more than one bag per person.

The Island is absolutely beautiful!!! 135 acres and no roads or cars...

When we were shown to our room (we got there at 5:30pm) we were told we could check in the next day because of the time... We got the room we requested, #32, lovely, however, unknown to us, the unit in the room which we thought was air conditioning was actually a dehumudifier and even with the louvers open on the windows, the room didnt cool down until about 2:00am. Needless to say it was VERY uncomfortable not to mention dark. It had extrememly poor lighting...

When we went to check in the next morning I asked about the temperature in the room and was told that it actually wasnt an ac unit. I asked if there was anyhting they could do because my husband is on medication for high blood pressure and the manager, Marsha, came and took us to see a beachfront suite that had air and was absolutley gorgeous!!! We were moved to that room quickly and efficiently. I asked and was told they are in the process of putting real air in all the units but right now it was only the suites and they were just finishing 4 more units...

The spa was wonderful, the food was great... We would have liked if between meals there was a place to get snacks or light fare.

We had dinner at the heart on the beach for our one week anniversary!!! Only $25 dollars extra!!! I booked this a month in advance and I recommend that as there only 5 nights out of 7 that they can do it there...

I counted 22 people at dinner one night. All of our pics have empty chairs in them. Most of the time when we were in the pool, we were the only ones there and the same goes for the ocean... Absolute paradise!!!

There was a mosquito problem on the island. They told us about it and supplied bug spray in the rooms. We sprayed liberally day and night and did not get one bite however we did some some guests with bites all over them!!!

The staff was wonderful, friendly and so helpful!!! Roxy, Grafton and Marsha, thank you so much for a wonderful time!!!

Overall it was the best trip we have ever taken! We look forward to returning for our year anniversary!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank princess0311
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Where do I start!!, we arrived in Barbados to be greeted on the runway by a Palm Island representative, all very organised and she directed us straight to the check in desk for our connecting flight, this was completed within a few minutes and we were then sent to wait for our little plane - yes its very little, 16 seater and very noisy but even though I am a nervous flyer, I strangely enjoyed it. On arrival at Union, we were promptly met and taken on the golf buggy to the port and then straight onto a boat and a short ride to Palm Island where a very welcome Rum punch was waiting!!!. A perfect start to a fantastic holiday.

Rooms
We stayed in an Island loft (no 43), this was one of the beach fronted ones. Its a very spacious room, loads of room to get ready in the room and a huge huge bathroom with a walk in shower and large sunken bath. Plenty of light in here to do makeup etc. Outside we had a terrace with 2 loungers and a table a chairs and then a little beach with a further 2 loungers (you could sunbathe here all day if you wanted) and then the ocean. I loved the lofts and would recommend one, they are much larger than the beach bungalows, but then again they were also very lovely. The only thing is the lack of air conditioning, luckily with this room we could open the slats on the window and a nice breeze came in from the Atlantic. I didn't find this a huge issue as with the style of the room AC is going to be impossible and the hut on stilts is what I found appealing.

Was excellent, we never had a bad meal, always a choice, fresh fish every day, service was impeccable. Staff were great, especially Grafton, for my birthday it had rained so we couldn't eat by the heart on the beach but he organised a private table and decorated it personally for me. Sunset restaurant was great for lunch, nothing better than sipping a glass of wine on the beach at lunchtime!

Bar
The drinks were great, barmen were friendly and helpful especially Sydney and Colbert, ask Sydney to make you a "Real Sydney", not too many though!, I found the bar very sociable and everyone gathered before and after dinner to chat and have a few drinks. One night we were up until 3am and Sydney carried on making us cocktails and playing the perfect host.

Beach/Pool

Both are great, loads of sunbeds everywhere so always a choice, loads of shade (it will be needed), Ocean is beautiful and a few fishes to see when snorkelling, I did get bitten by sandfly though so take spray with you for the beach so keep them away. Pool is a lot cooler, there is a lovely breeze that comes through and a fridge which is well stocked for you to hekp yourself to. Again, we always found this very quiet and peaceful but a little cooler.

Excursions
Bicycles are great, weird to pedal backwards to stop though, nice way to see the island. Beach picnic was really good fun and lovely food, well worth it. Captain Yannis trip to the Tobago Cays was my definate highlight, loads of snorkelling, great fishes, starfish, baby sharks (friendly ones) and swimming with the turtles - it was an amazing day.

Overall, this was the perfect honeymoon, I can't say one thing wrong, we enjoyed every minute of it and would go back tomorrow, I am already looking at booking their sister hotel Galley Bay for next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple