Our apologies to Chris for not posting this review earlier but we finally have a few moments to record our thank to Chris and his team for making our extended stay as a result of the volcanic ash a truly memorable experience.
It was our fifth visit to Palm and we return because the setting is idyllic and the accommodation spacious. We prefer the Palm View rooms as they are larger than the beachfront and the bathroom is much more spacious with a bathtub as well as the large walk in shower.
We have always found Palm idiosyncratic and that is part of its charm. However, with the most recent change in management there has been a marked improvement in the Palm experience. The most noteable improvement is in the quality of the food. During our 16 day stay (8 as a result of being stranded by the Icelandic ash) we experienced fine dining, with well balanced and imaginative menus and good quality fresh produce. It is clear that there is an extensive programme of staff training as well as improvements to the facilities. The staff are attentive and the service is personal. Chris has introduced a drinks service on the beach which is excellent - full credit to Monique who delivered our G&T's on the dot each morning!
Chris is determined to respond positively to any suggestion for improvements and any request we made was acted upon immediately.
The bar area is a great meeting place before dinner in the evening and guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable. Premium brand drinks are served as part of the all inclusive option which is superb - it is becoming a rare in the Caribbean so it is great that Palm continues to realise that this is important despite the economic downturn.
The treatment we received from Chris and his staff as a result of the Ash situation was exceptional. Every effort was made to accommodate us both literally and metaphorically. We stayed in our original room and Curlene handled all the negotiations with Virgin Holidays to ensure that our situation did not become stressful. When we eventually left for home we found other holidaymakers from different resorts in the Caribbean had not had such good fortune.
The mark of a good hotel can often be seen in how they deal with the unexpected/tricky situation. Palm Island's handling of our situation was exemplary in every way and we cannot thank them enough. We have stayed in Antigua, St Lucia, Tobago, Grenada, the Maldives, French Polynesia, Bali, to name but a few. Palm Island is without doubt one of our most favourite holiday destinations and we shall, of course, be returning there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island