This was our second trip back to Palm Island & it was even more enjoyable than our first. Chris Ghita has worked diligently to make this resort just perfect & it is! We arrived after the long flights & were greeted so warmly by Chris & his wonderful staff. We were glad to see so many of his staff have remained there from the previous year. It is relaxation all the way.......... from the moment you arrive & the excellent staff work really hard making sure your every “whim” is taken care off. We thought special mention should go to Kail, Cleon, Anthony, Kevin, Kenroy, Luke, Margaret, Olive & Ping the gardener. As this resort is small the atmosphere is very warm & intimate, the staff greet you by name each day & you will soon slide into "island time"................your stress levels just fade away. We travelled in a large group with family & friends & everyone loved it..............quite a feat with so many of us. The food is excellent lead by Chef Bakka & Chef Nikki, each day we had fabulous fresh fish, excellent salads, steaks, pastas even lobster. We were all very happy !! The island is fun to explore with so many deserted beaches & trails. You can swim,boat, bike, play tennis or jog..................or simply do nothing but indulge yourself, reading under the shade of the many trees surrounding the stunning main beach. We do recommend you take a private charter on the Yannis to the Tobago Cays. It is a perfect day out, they pick you up on the beach at 9am or so & you have the entire day at sea......including lunch & drinks. Its “bliss on a boat”...you get to see turtles ..........visit “Petite Tabac”..........but alas not a pirate in sight, they filmed “Pirates of the Caribbean “ here! Quite simply the Tobago Keys & surrounding Islands are stunning & not to be missed.
The rooms: Beachfront are simply that, “right on the beach”. The Garden rooms are larger & have big bathrooms & are literally about 50 feet from the beach. The Seagrape suites are new & very luxurious. The Lofts are well situated & roomy.
It’s a long trip to get there so pack very light .........as it is warm & tropical you do not need much..... one pair of beach shoes & one for evening & you are all set! Forget your heels ............this is the islands. Cool cottons & light silks will suffice!! Although they "fog " the resort on a regular basis, do not forget your bug repellant, yes it is tropical so the mosquitoes are on vacation with you!! Also I highly recommend you stay for longer then one week, for two reasons. 1. You won’t want to leave. 2. It’s a long trip so make it worth your while & spoil yourself! Would we go back? ............We are already booked again for our third trip & are literally counting the days until we return & our friends are all booked also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island