“Comfortable room but poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residenz Limburgerhof

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residenz Limburgerhof
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Limburgerhof
Uk
“Comfortable room but poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night on business on 4th December.

I had dinner at the hotel. The service started well but I then had to wait 45 min for the bill. There were very few diners (maybe 8), so there is no excuse for such poor service. I had to go to the reception to get some attention as there were no waiters in sight in the restaurant.

I had breakfast the following morning and the service was not any better. There was nobody to great you when entering the restaurant and you were left to your own devices as what to do. I therefore sat at a table. There were no glasses for the juice, no teapots for the tea. Nobody came to ask whether I wanted tea or coffee. I had to chase a waitress to get some milk. A bit of a shame really as the food was good but the service appalling.

Finally, the electronic card to open my room stopped working after breakfast. I told reception who "fixed" the card. Still did not work. They then gave me another card. Still did not work. I had to demand for somebody to come and open my room after 3 trips up and down the stairs.

On the plu side, the room was comfortable.

Room Tip: not facing the rail line
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Residenz whilst travelling on business so I'll review it on that basis. Staff were courteous and helpful. My hotel room was of a reasonable size and clean (apart from the blocked shower head). No complimentary coffee/tea making facility or bottled water (a bottle of mineral water cost 2 euros). Free wifi was available in my room with reasonable connection speed. Not much disturbance from within or outside the hotel at night - got a really good night's rest. The breakfast was reasonable - plenty to help yourself from the breakfast buffet. I'd probably not stay here whilst on vacation but that's more down to the location than the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel during our Europe trip and to our surprise when we went in to our rooms, we find offended letters kept on our beds and in rest rooms issued by GM of the hotel. We raised it to our tour manager and he escalated with Hotel management but management didn't have guts to face us and apologise for this rude and offended letter. Next day morning, we find apologies letters lying on our breakfast table with a very low grade breakfast... may be they have spent money on printing those apologies letters :)
After reading those letters, none of us able to have a sound sleep. We were a group and forced them to issue apologies letter but if you are travelling alone... better prepare to accept their rude behaviour on behalf of hospitality.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel, if you love your respect.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Not so good but not bed as well. If you are on a trip to EUROPE and can drive or have vehicle this is a good hotel to stay while visiting rhine area. Everything is clean and nice environment. Overall good place to stay if you are not bothered about public transportation.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

if you are a business traveller, there are better places, too. If your car is broken in the rain and you need a dry place, the day is anyway gone.. Good things I can tell about this place, they have a very friendly staff! In specific at the bar where they were really attentive and helpful. It is surprising to find such nice people in a place which does not add much more on the positive side. The Hotel is quite new, but is located between rails (one main route to support the industrial production in the area, GDP must be good according to overnight volume) and the main street entrance to this tiny village. On another side there is a semi industrial area with the maintenance shop for the public roads (they start at 6 am to leave the premises around 8 am as I can confirm). To open a window does not become the best idea, but there is no aircondition - make your choice. Parking is limited and off street. There is nothing around which is worth to step outside - on the other hand I found also not much worth to stand inside. Rooms are shoe-boxes (approx 9*9 ft) with relatively short beds. All synthetics, feels like sleeping on plastic bag. Electric supplies in my room were partially broken and the TV on the second night to. Walls are paper and the hair-dryer of my neighbor reminded me on the Frankfurt airport runfield. However, room and bathroom were clean and there is a little kitchenette with a fridge - unfortunately no ice cubes and the little box to make some had a greenish coating.. Breakfast is as you can expect for the price (fresh orange juice on some days), but the dining room is to small for so many people and the service stuff is really fighting to keep up, sometimes loosing w/o their failure. In conclusion, this area has much better hotels in nicer spots for much lower prices. Only go for emergency, else avoid.

Room Tip: If, try to get a room towards the private homes above 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
York, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Arrived late, room was clean very small with a tiny single bed that looked like it had been put there specially. Room was non-smoking but smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke from the nex room (connected by a locked door). Very thin walls and cold, TV didn't work. Breakfast was good though. Wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2009

I stayed for one night after the military aircraft that was my flight home from Afghanistan broke down at Ramstein Air Base, and the ever-kind AMC folks at the base sent us to this hotel, because the base lodging was full. I was at the hotel for all of about 8 hours, and the place was everything that is good about Germany - clean, efficient, and orderly. Things just made sense, there was internet, there were 2 beds that could be split apart in the room, and a decent sized bathroom. The check-in was easy , the staff all spoke English well, and in the morning, they served a delicious breakfast that was continental, and was very filling. They had a nice restaurant downstairs - which was closed by the time we got there late that night - but it seemed pretty nice. The hotel itself is a bit away from things, so if you like quiet, this is your place, but it didn't seem real ideal for transport connections. We were put on a bus (coach) back to Ramstein and flew home later that morning, but in all, it was a great experience. If I would have had to pay for the hotel out of my pocket - which I didn't - I would have gladly done so, and if I were ever in the Mannheim area again, I would stay there without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JCS276
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limburgerhof
Hotel Ebnet
#11 of 16 in Speyer
Hotel Darstein
Hotel Darstein
#1 of 1 in Altrip

Been to Residenz Limburgerhof? Share your experiences!