“Staff great, Presentation great, Taste ........ missing.”
Review of No.16 Restaurant

No.16 Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Warkworth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed in the hotel and opted to eat in the onsite restaurant. Staff were great and very attentive. We both ordered starters of Scallops and Black pudding and when it arrived it looked great and presented very well. Taste though was missing and both felt that is was bland. Sea Bass ordered for me and Monkfish for my partner and again when it arrived we thought wow but it lacked any taste at all. Dissapointed the cheese board and the rasberry pavlova did hit the spot. I have to say presentation was first class and the service was excellent but the meals just didnt deliver.
Great hotel stay and rooms were fantastic, will return but will eat somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We ate in 3 establishments in Warkworth during our stay and this restaurant was the best by far. Service from the young staff was excellent and the menu and wine list were varied. The food we chose had tasty sauces and accompaniments and certainly the toffee apple cheesecake was one of the best desserts I have had.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Called in just for a drink after a long walk along the river. Welcomed into the lounge with our dog and had a most enjoyable drink of local beer in comfortable surroundings

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Being a Wednesday evening only 4 tables occupied including ours. The meal wasn't great so I was a little disappointed. The restaurant itself had nice linen tablecloths and napkins, service lacked finesse.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Adventurous young chef who is very capable. She's a star.
My first night, I started with King Prawns and Crispy ChorizoI, all I can say is EXCELLENT. I followed with the Duck Breast which was cooked to perfection. My second night I had a Rib-eye steak, again, it was cooked beautifully.

1  Thank Derek S