Hermitage Inn
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
St Aidan Hotel(Seahouses)
Hotels.com
All reviewspiesunday carveryliver and onionsgood sized portionslovely foodmasons armswell worth a visitlovely villagepintgrubcastlealnwickdogamble
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Visited on Bank Holiday Monday as we were on holiday in the area. After a lovely visit to the castle decided we wanted something to eat. Chose this pub as they were doing a carvery.

It is a proper village pub and there was plenty to choose from including a massive specials board. If you are eating you get your drink first then they send a waiter/ess over to take your order. I didn't realise there was an upstairs at first, the place is like a tardis...huge!!

I was having the carvery and my partner was having gammon. They came and took me up to the restaurant when the gammon was ready. There were 3 huge joints on the hotplate and I had the port and Northumbrian salted beef. The meat filled half the plate. There was plenty of choice of vegetables and sauces and they filled a gravy boat and took it to the table so it was there when I went back down. 2 very good meals and 2 coffees for £21. Bargain or what.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kentishman71
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We like the Hermitage for a drink, the atmosphere is lively and welcoming.
The food, however, is another thing. Badly presented, lacking taste, cafe food but higher prices! This restaurant is also in need of a good clean. Wont go there again for food.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B21Bee
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had visited Walkworth to do some shopping at Gray's but been a Monday not many coffee shops were open we went into the Hermitage and greeted by a warm welcome we found a table and the choice of scones were amazing cherry,cheese,cranberry,marzipan just a few on the list they came warm with fresh cream and small jar of jam and butter and fresh coffee £3.95 pp for a coffee and a scone .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed at this lovely country pub 2 weeks ago in the beautiful village of Warkworth.
The Hermitage offered everything I required, a genuine beaming smile from all the staff and a wink of the eye to the bar staff guaranteed another pint on the table.
There was a wide variety of dishes on the menu of which I had the chicken curry which came as a very generous portion and served with homemade chips and salad and at a sensible price.
I would not hesitate to stay here again when I am next in the area and I am sorry you seem to have had a few bad reviews as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
Well done The Hermitage.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

great food,good service,fantastic location.well worth a visit.

Room Tip: book well in advance
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends