Warkworth House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$138
US$244
Priceline
St Aidan Hotel(Seahouses)
Travelocity
All reviewslovely hotelthe hotel car parkstaff were really friendlyhotel is dog friendlyvillage squarefull englishfirst floorsunday lunchcomfortable loungebeefshort breakminutes walk awayvery pleasant stayan evening mealdog ownersnight stayresidents lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed for 1 night - taking advantage of the fabulous DBB special offer.

We stayed in room 22 which was gorgeous.

All the staff - receptionists, bar staff and restaurant staff were all very professional and extremely helpful.

We only regretted we stayed for one night.

If you're thinking of staying at this hotel. Just do it. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

In 2013 we stayed at the 'Warkworth House Hotel' Valentine's week end, and knew we would come back. Last year they were in the throes of refurbishment, that said, the work was totally in-obtrusive. We were very impressed with the level of service and friendliness of the staff.
Having stayed again this year, (2014) we found all the same same staff, just as welcoming.
Our room left nothing to be desired. It was well equipped with the usual tea/coffee, T.V. hair dryer, sumptuous bed, telephone, Wi-Fi, etc... The bathroom was spotless and equally well equipped with over-bath shower and all you would need should you have forgotten you over-night bag.
The restaurant is well presented with white linen tablecloths and well polished glasses and cutlery.
The Restaurant;
The menu is varied and inclusive of all tastes. For me, the food was 'SUPERB'.
Nothing is a problem to the young, adventurous chef. On our first night, I had the most beautiful Duck Breast, cooked to perfection. (My girlfriend had the Sea Bass, wonderful) The second night, I had Rib-eye steak, again it was just as I'd ordered. The puddings are to die for, (My partner's comment).
Everything was home-made, the beautiful cheesecake, the bread, the small chocolates, the biscuits. Then...The breakfast! Locally sourced, well presented(of course, you'd expect nothing less, from this very talented chef), and delivered to your table on a hot plate, and all the fresh coffee you can drink. I would book to stay again without a moments hesitation. Thanks for a wonderful week end, Derek & Linda.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear are a little quieter, as the road is just outside the front rooms. That said, I slept well in a front room and I'm a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Warkworth House Hotel is a fabulous, friendly, inviting hotel. My partner and I stayed for Valentines day. The accommodation is a really good mixture of bedrooms all beautifully decorated and nicely decorated. There is a cosy bar and lounge, then restaurant which is also open to none residents. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal which was well cooked and presented along with an equally lovely breakfast. The parking area granted is limited due to both the age and location of the hotel but we have a large car which was no problem at all to park. Warkworth village is very pleasant with a few shops, pubs and of course the river with its walks and picnic areas which are within very easy reach of the Warkworth House Hotel. The thing that strikes you most about this hotel is its staff, they are outstanding, nothing is too much trouble,they are always checking that everything is ok or if you need anything. The young staff were very well informed on different drinks available and happy to recommend to customers,also knowledgeable on the food served being able to give details of ingredients etc. We will definitely return hopefully for more than one night and would like to wish all the staff the best for the future, they are doing a fantastic job

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel itself is fine. Some parts are a bit tired and where they have refurnished / decorated it needs to be finished off properly. If not rectified it just makes the hotel look cheap. The car park is very small for the size of hotel and not the easiest to enter / depart from, particularly if you have anything larger than a corsa.
We were not impressed at all with the hotel owner. Her attitude is awful and she of all people should know you do not insult paying guests. She has delusions of grandeur and she was insulting and unhelpful.
She appeared to think that because she owns the hotel that it gives her the right to say what she wants. She may well have forgotten that for a hotel to stay in business it needs paying guests and if she continues with her current attitude she will have neither.
My husband and I travel quite a bit for work but also socially. Never have we received such rudeness. I can only hope for her staff that they are treated better than the guests.
I would strongly advise against staying in this establishment unless ownership changes. People like her should not be in the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DONNA H
WarkworthHouse_Hotel, Owner at Warkworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

As always we are very saddened that a guest leaves our hotel unhappy. Unfortunately in this case we could do nothing to pacify this lady. She came down to breakfast 40mins after we had stopped serving and was determined to use a table setup for dinner. Our staff politely asked her to move to another table and we would bring her tea coffee and toast. However, she refused and became rude and abusive. We always try to make our guests feel welcome and valued but unfortunately on this occassion we were unable to do so.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I met up with 2 friends who were staying in a nearby B&B for dinner in Warkworth House Hotel on a Friday evening. The Hotel itself is very inviting with beautiful decor, and comfortable lounge, bar and restaurant. Our friends had previously eaten there so we knew the food was recommended and we were not disappointed. I had a beautifully fresh vegetable soup followed by steak and herb dumplings which were both delicious all the starters and maincourses were agreed to be excellent as were the desserts. The service we received in the bar and in the restaurant was superb. The time from ordering and the time in between courses was perfect. The staff were very efficient but also extremely welcoming we would definitely recommend this restaurant and I imagine the accommodation at this hotel will be up to the same high standard and will try to take advantage of one of their break offers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple