“A home away from home”

Pine Valley Lodge
Kansas City
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for two weeks, participating in the Clear Creek Music Festival. My room, the upper studio, was clean and comfortable. Guests can hang out in the homey common room, and on the several porches. Breakfast was always good and plentiful. This a wonderful place to stay. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are various options. Each room seems to be unique -- check them out on the website.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My friend and I stayed before and after our 4 day trek into the Eagle Cap Wilderness. The room was cute, clean and the towels thick and plentiful. The private porch was lovely for sitting out in the evening, the hospitality warm and welcoming and the breakfast (eaten outdoors if you want) just right. They moved breakfast up a half hour to fit our schedule for hiking. It was easy to meet other guests and share experiences and information about roads, etc. We especially enjoyed sleeping safely and privately with the door open and the fresh air and moonlight coming in the screen door. The second night felt like coming home. Halfway is a very special town and The Pine Valley Lodge is a lovely fit. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We liked the privacy of the upstairs Crows Nest suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night before we whitewater rafted on the Snake River. We got there late because of the long drive from Nevada. When we got there our room designation and key were taped to the door in an envelope. The Lodge was completely open and we had free access to everything. The bed was comfortable, the entire lodge was clean, the grounds were beautiful, and best of all the price was right. The next morning there was a wonderful breakfast fixed and ready for us to eat before we left for our adventure. I have nothing but good things to say about this place and highly recommended it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Halfway is all of 284 souls, so you might not expect to find a place like PV Lodge here. I didn't. I was on a motorcycle trip to Hells Canyon and environs and was looking for a place -- any place -- to stay that wasn't too far away. Halfway is about 17 miles from Copperfield and then it's another 23 miles to Hells Canyon Dam.

This was a terrific place to stay. A little warm in my room - the master loft -- but it's summer after all, and I didn't mind. The lodge is rustic, picturesque, quiet, quaint. A joy to stay there and definitely recommended. I stayed two nights and really it is worth making a special trip for. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We didn't know what to expect of this place we booked for the night before our Hells Canyon Jet Boat Ride. It was a lovely place, well run and very affordable. The breakfast was made early for us since we had to leave early and it was all great. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was taking a motorcycle ride through Eastern Oregon, and had read about this lodge from an article on traveloregon.com. It was way more than expected in a place like Halfway Oregon.
For $80, I stayed in the "Rooster Room" and found an extremely clean, comfortable room with everything I needed: private bath, comfortable bed, air conditioner and heater, eclectic decor.

If you are arriving after 6:00, be sure and call. There is no one on duty after 6, so they gave me the lock code for the lobby and left me a key to my room. The lobby is well stocked with books, games, internet access and comfortable furniture.

Breakfast was awesome, and it was all provided with a smile from Matt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Pine Valley Lodge is one of the coziest places I have had the pleasure of staying in over 20 years! Our party had an early morning departure and breakfast was prepared and ready for us at 6:30 am. Rooms are decorated very well, food was delicious and streets were quiet. A wonderful place for a weekend retreat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Been to Pine Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!