See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I booked 3 rooms for my staff, hotel was clean and safe, however the pictures are not near the wat the rooms are,Im just saying that for the price is OK but not as the pictures are. Reception service is really bad as well as reservations.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know the hotel was clean and safe. We will pay close attention to the service provided by our staff, we apologize for any inconveniences we might have caused you. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This was one of the worst hotels that I have stayed in in years! Very noisy location and very outdated. A remodel would not do it, knock it down and make a parking lot!
Very old style, nothing worked inside. Terrible internet connection and t.v. didn't function most of the time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read your stay was not pleasant. We thank you for staying with us, we were happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Place looks better once you are inside than from the outside. Also, the walls are very thin and noise can be an issue at night. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It is not as close to the Expo as I thought it was going to be. Might choose a different place in the future. If you are just getting in and out of the city might be a reasonable choice.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize about the thinness of the walls and all inconveniences cause to you by it. It was a pleasure and an honor to have you stay with us. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Maybe I was just lucky, but I keep remarking how impressed I was by the price/quality relationship of this hotel, since I paid less than 600 pesos a night for a wide, clean and recently remodelled room, with a huge comfy bed inside a room with flat screen TV with over 60 cable channels and a wide window overlooking the pool. The airconditioning was just perfect, and so the wi fi. The hotel is just opposite plaza del sol (for sure one of my favourite malls around the world, for it does not look like any other American-styled mall), in a quite and safe area, just 100 yards from the street of the Guadalajara expo and the access to the main avenues that lead to the city center, the airport or the bus station. Those who read my reviews know that I am not particularly inclined to flattering opinions, but this hotel does deserve a top review.

Room Tip: Just great!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank realworldtraveller
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2015

We enjoyed very much reading your review! We are thrilled to read that you had such wonderful stay. We feel flattered and honored. It was our very pleasure to have you over, please know that you are always welcome in this your home away from home. Thank you very, very much for your kind comment!

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The hotel is in a great area shopping center and night clubs from walking distance. A worker by the name of Ramon what made my experience great at this hotel. His personality and service was perfection. you need more people with his attitude to be working in the hospitality industry. The room we stay in was big and spacious and you can tell that they really didn't put much effort in cleaning the rooms. first the headboard of the bed was never clean because I could tell there was wet dry spots while my whole stay. second the bed sheets were never change also because the cover that I was given had bleach spots and all four days I stay the same sheet was put on the bed. In order to get a iron I had to give my ID and even then I was given a time limit. I believe that there should have been one in the room because I call a night before for one the front desk advice me that they were out of irons.. I also order an extra pillow and waited about 30 minutes until arrive. at the end of the day I had a good stay and will probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: WIFI is not the best I was able to connect to wifi on my last day at the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Patricia A, Director of Sales at Hotel Portonovo Plaza Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear traveler, thank you for the time you took to post a review. Ramon and the rest of the staff appreciates it! We have made all the corresponding notes for management to take measures on the cleaning comments you made. We take cleaning very seriously. We have also informed management about the problem with the irons. We will get better for you! We are happy that you had a good stay and we would love to have you back!