We stayed just one night in Careening Cay Resort in Bocas del Toro but we loved it. We choose tiny water house, got one with tortoises. There's nothing sophisticated in here but sophisticated is not a word you are looking for in Bocas. The owner is a right person on the right place, funny guy, laid-back and great host. Breakfast is light, fresh and tasty bar and night atmosphere memorable, and the name - Cosmic Crab Cafe seems to be kind of significant;-) there's plenty of really cosmic crabs coming out from their wholes in the night time all around the resort. A little bit crappy but still interesting. If you're looking for an authentic, clean, nice place with amazing vibe and you do not mind cute lizards on the walls of your hut - you will love to stay here as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront paradise is on the island, Isla Carenero. The resort now encompasses 6 1/2 acres of lush, tropical landscaping and over 600 feet of waterfront. Our backyard is verdant rain forest. We sit on a point facing west, which captures the refreshing Caribbean breeze and offers up fabulous sunsets. We are just a two minute boat ride across the bay to Bocas Town. We enjoy the convenience of close proximity to town, yet are removed from the hub hub, noise, pavement, cars and heat, while on our own tropical island.The resort is peaceful and quiet. We have hummingbird feeders throughout. Many different birds, including parrots can be heard singing and conversing in the trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cosmic Crab Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careening Cay Hotel Carenero Island
- Cosmic Crab Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Carenero Island