After much searching, we felt like we found the best spot here at Casa Acuario! The owner Joanna was a lovely host, very interesting and welcoming. The room was spacious, comfy and clean and the price is right. All of the rooms open directly on to the dock, where you can see dolphins, starfish and tons of fish in the turquoise water outside your door!! The rooms also had a/c and a t.v., which were added bonuses! Our room was on the main level, next time we will ask to be on the top level, better view and then people will not be walking by your window. There is not a ton of things to do on Isla Carenero, but luckily it is only a $1 boat ride to Isla Colon. It is worth walking around the island, but parts of it are a little dingy. For us, it was a much better option that Isla Colon though as it was much quieter and more relaxed. Was never a problem to get a water taxi, just flicker the light on the dock and one will speed over! We had an early morning flight, and even at 6am, we had no problem.
Breakfast was available for purchase, but fresh coffee is free every morning. We felt so comfortable just hanging out in the common area where there is internet and little kitchen stocked with beer and water. We enjoyed getting to Joanna as well. Joanna's staff is friendly and helpful in assisting with excursions and even did our laundry!!
We would definitely go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King suite overlooking crystal clear water abundant with tropical fish and sea life. Great swimming and snorkeling spot with pretty sandy beasch.This spacious suite situated upstairs offers one king bed and one double bed with A/C, Cable TV, WiFi, private bathroom with hot water, hardwood floors and french doors opening out to your own private patio overlooking water with mountain views, hammock and seating. Full and continental breakfast with local fruits offered. Enjoy the covered leisure terrace wired for wireless internet and kitchen area. Guest fridge is avaialble for guest use. The Inn is located on a tropical island, Isla Carenero, directly across from Bocas del Toro and a three minute boat ride. This island features world class surfing, hiking nature trails, pristine beaches, restaurants, bars, kayak, surf board and paddle board rentals and other amenities. We will help you arrange your island adventures, diving trips and surfing tours with a pick up at the inn. The price of the rooms is as follows: King suite double occupancy $99. Per night . Queen suite double occupancy $88.Chrildren under 10 for free. Extra adults $10. Each . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Acuario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Acuario Hotel Carenero Island
- Casa Acuario Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Carenero Island