Me and my wife went to Isla Carenero for enjoying the beauty of the island and its peace.
We decided to stay 3 days in Tierra Verde because of from the outside it looks pretty, comfortable and peacefully surrounded by green trees.
The first day was not completely bad...The weak points of the structure are:
- mediocre "self service" breakfast
- not untarnished cleaness of the room (dust, also in the smell of the air and presence of gekos and beetles)
- some noise during night
The apparently kindness of one of the 2 brothers managing the structure who accomodate us, made us to overcome these aspects.
The real BAD SITUATION happened the evening after.
The structure accept only payment by cash, so the 2nd evening we moved to Isla Colon for picking up money from the only bank of the island. Unfortunately the bank didn't work so we would not be able to take cash. When we came back to Tierra verde, we immediately shared this problem with the brother who accomodate us. He gave us some suggestions and comfort us saying that he would helped us solving the problem the day after.
The morning after, during breakfast, the second brother (just to understand, the taller one...) set upon me in an aggressive way asking the money IMMEDIATELY. Unfortunately the weather was bad, so we needed to wait before moving from the hotel.
I tried to explain that the evening before the other brother told me not to worry about the problem, but the guy increased its nervousness and shouted me and my wife. The situation didn't improve when the other brother participated at the discussion.
In conclusion, we solved the issue going back to Isla Colon just after the discussion. Luckily a pharmacy changed us money with credit card payment (even if a 10% fee was asked).
My suggestion is to avoid this structure due to the rude behavior of the owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located into a lush, tropical setting, and carribean ocean to view. Each room comes with Ac, Cable Tv, hot water and wifi. A stretch of beach and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Tierra Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Verde Hotel Bocas Del Toro Province
- Hotel Tierra Verde Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Carenero Island