We have never just turned out and walked out of a hotel, but had we not been so far away from anything else, we would have. We had reservations for three nights, but we left at first light the first day. My wife could not sleep because of the mold in the room. She went downstairs and slept a few hours on the couch in the lobby. There was no hot water, the shower did not drain well and the room was small and so were the beds. I did not say anything about the water or the drain because we had already decided to leave at first light. Partly because of the hotel and mostly because of Bocas.
THis hotel website was misleading. It said the rooms were spacious, they are not. THe pictures show a lovely place, but they do not show the run down and abandoned buildings around it. I felt like we were lodging in the hood.
If you are a backpacker or surfer and are looking for a hostel, then you may like it. But if you are looking for a clean comfy bed and breakfast, the you may want to keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located into a lush, tropical setting, and carribean ocean to view. Each room comes with Ac, Cable Tv, hot water and wifi. A stretch of beach and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Tierra Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Verde Hotel Bocas Del Toro Province
- Hotel Tierra Verde Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Carenero Island