We made our reservation, based on other trip advisor recommendations. This hotel is shabby, dirty, not maintained and the water in the bathroom smelled like sewage! I tried to find anyone to help with the revolting sewage water in the bathroom, to no avail. I was not given a refund for the one night we slept in a room with sewage water, but they did allow us to leave after the one night.
It is a shame, because it is located on a gorgeous cove, lush rainforest all around, and looking across a pretty bay to other islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small resort/hotel on Isla Carenero across from Bocas on Colon Island. Recently purchased, and being completely renovated. A white sandy beach on the south-east stretch of the island provides a great starting point for many local activities. A new Royal 2-bedroom suite has been added with a full kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Buccaneer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel Carenero Island
- Buccaneer Resort Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Carenero Island