“Delightful Auberge by the shores of lake Geneva” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Auberge d'Hermance

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hermance
L'Auberge d'Hermance
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hermance
Carlisle
“Delightful Auberge by the shores of lake Geneva”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We have dinned at the Augerge on numerous occasions. Set menu at lunch is great value and normally delicious, outside under the vines in the warm summer is a perfect setting. Dinner is more expensive but the quality of the cooking is outstanding. Service is elegant and professional. I have recommended the auberge to many people and they have never been disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank cander60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

My family has been visiting this Auberge for many years, mostly because of its idyllic and cozy setting, wonderful food and excellent service. They are especially welcoming of families with young children, which was one of the inital reasons we started going here. We were just there past weekend, and I was pleasantly reminded of of the high quality food (excellent foie gras and the grilled options are especially mouth watering) and attentive service. The children were able to enjoy delicious meals of their choice and we were able to relax in the warm and authentic country sertting. If the weather is nice, you can then go for a lovely walk along the lake.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

L'Auberge d'Hermance is located directly on Lake Geneva. The structure is unique, a small charming hotel.
The rooms are all different (size, furniture ,...). The room assigned to me was rather small (for one person) and very warm (directly under the roof). Air conditioning is supplied only to the suites.
The staff is friendly, breakfast good and varied.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2008

I'm sorry that the other reviewer had a bad experience, but I completely disagree with their comments. I am an American living in Geneva with an Aussie husband - we spent the night for our anniversary here last year and plan to go again in two weeks. Firstly, restaurant service is completely different in Geneva than it is in the States, so do not expect extremely attentive, fast waitors. In fact, they purposely don't intrude on your meal and expect customers to linger for 3 hours. I sometimes find this frustrating, but it would be the same at almost any restaurant in French-switzerland (and a lot of France for that matter). Secondly, neither of us speak French despite living here and we had no problems with the way we were treated. What we found was fantastic food in a cozy atmosphere, a very clean and romantic room in a charming old town. Keep in mind that hotels in Geneva are exceptionally expensive - standard rooms at luxury hotels are upwards of 500-600 CHF per night, so its really hard to compare staying at one of them versus what is basically a bed and breakfast. I especially recommend a visit during the autumn when Auberge d'Hermance offers special items featuring local truffles, delicious.

• Liked — Food, wine selection, ambiance
  • Disliked — Parking is a bit of a problem at times
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank rlsnyc04
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2008

Wow, what an awful experience this was. This was recommended as a gastronomic hideaway outside of Geneva with a charming inn attached. Well, most of the staff, with the exception of the lone female staff member, were unbelievably rude. During dinner, albeit a busy night, the waiters were mostly running around serving "regulars" whom they knew, and giving us looks as if to say, "That's life...just wait until we have time for you, while we chat with our old friends."

During breakfast, the waiter simply brought me some breads and jam, while the table next to mine was asked how they wanted their bread sliced, and whether or not they wanted eggs. I spoke enough French to get by, but when I said "Thank you" to the waiter, he muttered "Thank you, Merci" while clearing the table next to mine, as if to tell me how to say it in French because his ears were so scandalized by my English.

To top it all off, when I returned the keys during check out, the manager took the keys from me, didn't say anything, just looked at the keys as if to inspect for damage, turned around, and walked away. I finally had to ask him if everything was OK, and he said, "Yes, OK." Nothing else. My European friends staying there at the same time were treated much better, at least with little courtesies like, "Thank you" or "Good bye."

The owner was fine, but he obviously has trouble finding competent staff to run the place. I would recommend this place only as a last resort when every single bed in Geneva in filled up, including the benches at the train station.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank rovingexpat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermance
Adonis Excellior Grand Geneve
#1 of 2 in Versoix
Hotel Le Jules Verne
Hotel Le Jules Verne
#4 of 5 in Yvoire

Been to L'Auberge d'Hermance? Share your experiences!