“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salihli
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our overall impression of the Hotel Lidya was positive. The initial problems with the air conditioning and the internet could happen momentarily at any hotel in the world and we will not hold that against them. The rooms were comfortable although not overly spacious. The staff was friendly but most spoke little to no English. The bright spot of our stay was the restaurant. The dinner buffet priced at only $15.00 (US) was phenomenal! The beef stew and bread alone was worth the price! Breakfast was ample and the made to order omelets, eggs and pancakes was a plus. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Fredrikstad, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I love this Hotel..stayed there for 1 week ..food was so good and the staff was friendly..service was good.Spa was ok and this 2 ladys who did massage on us..so kind and friendly and they did good work on our body:-)So i want to go back another time...

Room Tip: We got a apartment there..so nice .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Talkmarchine
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My GPS took me the long way around to the ancient site; however it is just minutes away from this hotel.

The staff was very friendly upon check-in. The rooms would probably be "5 Star" by Turkish "out of Istanbul" standards. Good size, linens were clean, buffet was acceptable. The best part was the price - geez what a deal by American standards.

I did not use the spa facilities. After having been in the heat all day it was not appealing. I did tour the facilities and they did look nice if one wanted to indulge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CherylintheDesert
Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed as family for one night. Hotel reception was nice and friendly. Our room was one of the more spacious corner rooms and it was well decorated and clean. Breakfast and dinner buffet had plenty of variety. The hotel is located on a hill and has nice terrace with an overview of the wide Salihli plain. Ideal for the warmer days of the year.

What we did not like was the fact that the air conditioning could not be turned on in the room. Although it was May and not too hot, we wanted to keep the windows closed because of exterior noise coming from the nearby highway. Also, the thermal pool was not as we expected. Since we had no time to experience the remainder of the spa, I am not sure how good or bad the spa was.

I can recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 nights to see the ruins around Salihli but probably not for more days.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if the hotel is crowded.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank empee3
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

My Turkish friend and I made a day trip to Hotel Lidya just to use the spa. We were expecting a nice spa experiece. What we found was very disappointing.

The changing area was quite a distance from the rest of the spa facilities. It consisted of a small room with a tiny changing cubicle and two shower stalls. The changing cubicle was about 1/4 the size of a department store fitting room. There was a group of four other men in the changing area at the same time. There was hardly any room to turn around, and there was quite a wait to use the changing cubicle.

After changing, patrons must walk through the lobby of the spa in their bathing suits to get to the spa facilities. It was a very odd setup.

The men's spa consisted of a small sauna and steamroom. That was it. There was a hammam adjacent that was staffed by Asian women. All hammams that I've been to in Turkey have been male only with male staff. I was quite surprised to see this one staffed only by Asian women.

My friend and I stayed less than an hour. We both expressed our disappointment in the facilities to the staff. After having been to other spas on my travels, I expected a much nicer facility than what Hotel Lidya offered.

I cannot evaluate the hotel, because I did not stay overnight there. On the basis of the spa, I could not recommend Hotel Lidya.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night when I was travelling in this region. The rooms are big and clean, full minibar. The buffer breakfast was enough good but could be better. There is also open buffet dinner that could have been better. The dining saloon needs some flowers around. The pool is quite small but I recommend to stay there for a short time.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had no reply on emails I sent for booking for one night's accommodation. We were traveling in a rented car and after visiting "Sardis", one of the 7 churches of Asia Minor, we went to the hotel and was helped without problems but the language barrier proved to be the worst we experienced in all our trip of Turkey. For such a big hotel, there should at least be someone thats English is better than my Turkish ;-) Other than that we had a very pleasant stay.

The hotel caters mostly for tour bus companies and we had to share dinner eating with the tourist of the "busses". Even though it was a buffet dinner for many people, the food was well prepared and a good variety was on offer.

We stayed in an apartment suite which was clean, huge and more than we needed.

After a day traveling and sightseeing, use of the thermal spa was a very welcome way to relax. I would anytime recommend this hotel and will stay there again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salihli
Kaya Magnesia Spa & Wellness
#6 of 8 in Salihli
Hotel La Bella
Hotel La Bella
#1 of 8 in Salihli

Been to Hotel Lidya Sardes? Share your experiences!