“Lovely meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First time we have been to Chianti. Meal was lovely, good calamari, and perfect steak, my wife had pork...again good. Staff were attentive, food arrived hot and well prepared. Vegetable portion was perfect size.

Nice atmosphere, although choice of background music may need updating to something perhaps more traditionally Italian, which could possibly add to the atmosphere. Took a little time to get the bill, but that wasn't an issue for us, as you could see they were really busy.

The banana toffee cheesecake was really good, and they had London Pride Ale in bottles, which was a bonus for me.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mike_dorset_10

Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Great Italian”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Still our favourite Italian in the area, staff are always friendly and the food is consistently good. Will be back soon,

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gary B
Uk
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We have used this restaurant many times in the past and have been happy with it ! This time we went on table pouncer . We were greeted nicely as we walked in said our name the waiter looked in the book and his face changed ! Was shown to a table and the menus were practically thrown on the table ! Food was average potatoes barely roasted plates were cold so my sauce got cold very quickly ! And I have to say the place is grubby the blinds were thick dust the lights and sockets also. I hope this is not a sign of what the kitchen is like . Would we go back I am afraid not

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wanda L
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I visited Chianti Restaurant in Ferndown last Wednesday and had an enjoyable evening. The menu gave us a wide range to choose from and what we had was delicious and cooked perfectly, and the service was attentive without being overly. We went on a TablePouncer deal with 50% off the cost of the food, but even without a deal the prices charged were still reasonable. We are happy to recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning in the future.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Joanie307
“Spot on :-D ”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Went on the off chance so hadn't booked. Was found a table for two and the service was fantastic. All the staff were friendly and prompt. The food was fantastic! Haven't had Italian for a while I definitely appreciated what I have missed
Would most definitely visit again and recommend. Good quality food at a very reasonable price. We'll done

2 Thank Marc1243