“Yum”

Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Best fish and chips we had for a long long time. Well done sal vinegar. Not suprised they wone awards. Worth the travel to Ferndown.

Visited April 2014

Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Newport I'm not being funny alright.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Well me and my husband was in Newport not happy with who we were cause we was poorer than this poor guy outside the shop. And we lost pretty much all our money on scratchcards. So we decided to spend the rest here. When we left I made a comment on the service being so good and well my husband here just thought I fancied a bum with the guy serving me and at the end of the day if the food hadn't of been so good I'd be getting a divorce now so if truth be told it's a thumbs up from us. Bye have a beautiful tine :)

• Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Not worth the long wait.....”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Went in this evening and placed and order for 1 large cod, large chips and a quarter chicken. This was at 6.10pm exactly as was noted on the receipt when I paid.36 minutes (yes 36!)later I walked out of the door with my order. Even freshly cooked fish/chicken should not take that long! If I hadn't already paid I would have walked out earlier.
Fish and chips were good but not amazing and the chicken was over cooked.
Sorry, not worth the long wait!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank jaylou79
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Award winners, deservedly”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Not strictly a restaurant but an excellent traditional fish & chip shop. A relatively new business getting rave reviews from customers and industry awards for excellence.
Friendly staff who offer a range of freshly deep fried traditional fayre.
Other local fish & chip shops try to compete( leaflets thru the door) with regular buy one get one free offers but I would not switch. Much rather have a quality product than a cheaper alternative.
Well positioned on the Ringwood road, with parking outside and opposite, near traffic lights for Tesco turning.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ccws50
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Fish & Chips as they should be”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Salt & Vinegar is a newish entry to the high street in Ferndown, but really do deserve all the accolades they have received. Beautifully fresh cod, crispy chips, tasty batter (not too thick) and good service too. Can get justifiably busy because it's the best, but it's well worth the wait. If you are a regular, don't forget the loyalty card too.

• Visited January 2014